Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero Horsehide A2

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Sweet Søren!

I agree with BA, lovely colour - I'm a sucker for seal - and the knits are a great contrast. It'll look better and better after you beat it up a bit ;)

Having a second look at it, maybe it could do with being a tad shorter in the sleeves? That's some serious tunnelling there.

Last edited:
Don't know how exactly are these jackets suppose to fit but yours looks really great on you, Spitfire! Beautiful leather...

morrison2951

Practically Family
As the jacket breaks in the sleeves may shorten a tad. To each his own if you like them alittle longer. Wear it in good health!

Cooperson

One Too Many
Love the colour of the seal and the knits go well with it. Would like to see another pic with your arms down by your side before I could comment on sleeve length.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for you kind comments, gents. (Also 'bout the garden.) I have mailed Aero and asked them what they would suggest regarding the length of the sleeves. I also think they are a tad too long. 1" - maybe even 2" - off would solve it. I think. Besides that I am really, really happy with the fit, the quality and everything else. Even the smell is nice!

Brettafett

One Too Many
Lovely jacket. Just be careful not to shorten too much of you do. After some wear they will crease up and shorten a touch. You could try some hot water treatment at the upper arms and elbow area and then 'air swim' for a bit ;) Enjoy

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Jacket is now on its way back to Scotland. Got a mail today from Denny at Aero, telling me to send it back, They would shorten the sleeves with 1,5". No costs. That's what I call service!

But it got me thinking. Back in 1943 nobody complained, nobody asked for shorter sleeves, longer body or what have you. You wore what was thrown at you. And lived with it. (Or sometimes died in it.) It's only today - in our modern, sophisticated world that we can have these privileges. But then again. Back then jackets were cheaper and the aircrews didn't even have to pay for them. Today we pay. A lot!
So what the heck...guess it's OK to be critical.

I've been thinking about the same thing these last few days... I sort of wish we didn't have all these customization options as I believe we'd all be much happier with our jackets if they all came off-the-rack. Pick a style, size, that's that. Otherwise, there's always something that can be improved. Half an inch here, another snap there... It's insanity, but it's also so very human. We seek perfection in everything we do. This isn't any different...
Hell, I don't think anyone would ever complain about either Spitfire's A2 or my MC jacket back in the days. People'd be ecstatic just to have such quality garment. Even these A2's we romanticize over, these jackets had to be mass produced super fast - hide matching, machining, it was all over the place. I doubt that the entire WW2 has seen a jacket of quality comparable to what Aero's making now. Yet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy