Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Cirrus B3 gunner jacket

Chrissss

New in Town
Hi all,

I just received my new bomber and WOOOOW, amazing !

Pictures will talk better than me :

sam0406q.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sam0405l.jpg

Last edited:

normanf

One of the Regulars
Inspired by the B-6. Its nice take on a lighter version of the famed American B-3!

Wears yours for the winter in good health! :eek:

normanf

One of the Regulars
Cirrus jackets are inspired by the flying jacket era styles but they do have their own unique look.

Chrissss

New in Town
In fact I choose Cirrus because B3 are usually too short for me at the waist and sleeves if i choose a 42 and if I choose a 44/46 those are two roomy at chest so I decide to have one at my exact measurement and it seems that cirrus where the most competitive for this.

this one is basicaly the B3 gunner of their model but I asked some modification as lenght for it finnish under the belt, special pocket instead of the classic ones and an inside pocket.

they realize what you want exactly, no matter of the historical dimension and that's pretty cool for a day to day jacket in my own.

Leather Seat

New in Town
That looks great.
The more I look at these jackets (repro B3 and Irvin, in my case), the more the nuances of pockets/ no pockets, sleeve versus overall length etc make it a complex decision. Ordering essentially a made to measure B3, with pocket layout to suit you, is a really good idea.
I particularly like the antiqued(?) look of the leather.

David

Chrissss

New in Town
It's the distressed leather finnish, looks like an old jacket but in new condition.
I like this finnish, especially when married with horsehide on the sleeves.

here is a pic of the inside :

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Your B-3 style jacket is very well made by Cirrus. The jacket is a little too long in the body. As a modern sheepskin jacket inspired by Wartime B-3s it is better than many, but for the money I would rather have an accurate repro. Eastman make the most accurate repro B-3s in the UK and really decent used examples can be bought on Ebay for around £400.

Mark

Practically Family
Hi Chrisss, love to see some pictures of your new jacket but for some reason can't get them. I got my Cirrus Defender last month, only actually worn it twice (not cold enough:() However, it gets plenty of looks and i love it. I'd like to of seen what how you had your pockets made. Mine are standard, they look fine but i'm affraid to use them as they look like the downward pressure of my hands might tear the leather?!
Think the colour looks terrific and very warm.

Hope you enjoy your new jacket.

Chrissss

New in Town
thanks all,

I ask for it to be longer than usual because when riding motorbike, it's important .
eastman make the best repro i'm agree but I have to choose a 38 "long" ( so they don't exchange if it does not fit) and can't ask special change on it like pockets ( I love warm pocket in fact) because they want to keep historical dimension
I have an eastman repro but less comfortable than this one, need to be broken and the collar is very big, too big in fact for me.

Last edited:

normanf

One of the Regulars
Yup. My B-3 has handwarmer pockets and in fact almost all B-3 repros today deviate from historical accuracy in this one respect since handwarmers are more practical than the original map pockets sewn into these jackets.

alfyman

One of the Regulars
Yes, I truly love this jacket, I can wear it any where and be comfortable, everywhere I go, Every guy that looks at me see's it and They want it. I even posted a you tube video, "my new sheepskin jacket".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR