Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new hat

jpdesign

Vendor
I decided I needed a new hat, something other than my normal natural beaver.

I decided on Navy Beaver, with medium brown ribbons.

Here it is. No, the color is not spotty. I am still trying to figure out how to photograph hats.

hnav1.jpg

hnav2.jpg

hnav3.jpg

Jimmy

tandmark

One of the Regulars
Hi,

It's sure a nice looking li'l hat! Interesting ribbon treatment -- wish you'd post a closer shot of that bow! And the diamond is a dent style that deserves to be a lot more common than it is.

One quibble, though. The color isn't all that spotty. But it's sure not navy. You might call it chocolate or coffee or something like that, but there's nothing blue about it. A typo, I hope. 'Cause if your camera makes dark blues look dark brown, then it probably needs some kind of adjustment. And also because I think the chocolate felt & medium brown ribbon look great together. :)

How's it look on you? That's where the rubber hits the road, after all.

Cheers,
Mark

Yeah, I've had a heckuva time getting blue to show true, too. But it's a good-lookin' hat, accurate color reproduction or not. I especially like the front view.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Wow Jimmy, it must be awesome to be able to whip up a new hat for yourself whenever you feel the urge :)

I like it alot, great job!

jpdesign

Vendor
Thanks for the kind words.

I was using a 35mm camera, with both new film and lighting.

The hat is navy. I will shoot with a digital tomorrow.

Jimmy

Razzman

One Too Many
It's a beautiful looking lid. It does show as a dark brown with gold trim on my computer. No matter what the color, it looks great. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Duck

Practically Family
Great looking hat, Jimmy!!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Can't wait to see the true colors :D

mingoslim

Practically Family
I do not care what color it is . . .

It is a great looking hat. :eusa_clap

I would like to see that ribbon treatment up close, though . . . looks nice.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Wow! Two very distinct colors in both of those version. However, I think both colors look great, and would not mind having one of those. Cool, and thanks for the pics.

jpdesign

Vendor
Here are two more pics.

hnav4.jpg

hnav6.jpg

By the way, I can now say -

I AM A SPONSOR!!!!

Watch for my banner. I will put up a post with more info about myself in the merchants section as soon as I can.

Jimmy

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
jpdesign, I like it. I wasn't sure I would. I had to wait for the color correct pics, then I had to think about it. But I like it. Did you make it for yourself or to sell?

Now, if you could find ribbon exactly like the first pics, and make that hat exactly as it appears, need I say more... :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn