Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new "Hughes" hat!!!

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
HAH! I got it today! My new 1947 Howard Hughes style hat from Jimmy Pierce Designs in beaver. Super cool. I sent him some sample photos of what I want the hat to look like, and after finalizing the details (5 1/2" open crown and 3" brim, by the way) he was off to work. I got the hat in ONE WEEK!!!!!:eek: That's right folks! Including shipping time!:D This dude is on the ball, so get your hat from him before he becomes more famous and the wait time increases!!!

The photos aren't great, but here goes...
HHhat1.jpg

HHhat2.jpg

HHhat3.jpg

Brownoutfit.jpg

And, yes, the Cooper A2 jacket "fits", but note where my hands are....don't ask me to try to scratch my nose or brush my hair while wearing this jacket!!!

Oh, and Mr. Pierce will also do refurbishing/reblocking of old hats, which is how I got to know his workmanship. www.jimmypiercedesigns.com

Wconly

Familiar Face
Great looking hat.....spot-on! Howard would be impressed:eusa_clap !!! Looks wonderful on you! Love it with the jacket -- good stuff all the way -- congrats and kudos! W>

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Can we start a Hughes hat club? I know, we'll call it "The Hughes Corporation"!!!lol

Said I'd like to know where you got the notion....

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
I received a nice complement on Friday

Friday was a beautiful day here, with clear and cool weather.

So, to celebrate being finished with holiday chores, I put on my Hughes Fedora by Art, and a nice tan vintage Hollywood jacket, and walked down to my favorite place to have lunch over in "Rice Village," an older shopping area by my home.

After walking around for a bit afterwards, I was on my way back, when a nice lady in a big Caddy pulled up next to the sidewalk, and she rolled down the window and said: "I saw you walk by at the traffic light, and and I just had to stop and tell you, that your hat fits you perfectly, and really looks nice"!

I thanked her, and told her that she made my day.

Always wear a nice fedora, you'll be glad you did.

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
PADDY said:
Jimmy did you proud there!! cracking hat, so wear it in good health. To follow on from that Howard Hughes look....These are a few by our German friend/member, Marc. Once full health allows, I'm intending to get some 'decent' pics of this full beaver, antique ribboned hat.

But, you'll agree, a true labour of love and stunning 1930's quality.

Howard_Huges2.jpg

HH.jpg

That is a wonderful hat Paddy. You look realy dashing.:)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks Sabine et al...

Sabine...you never fail to make me blush!

Guys...it's a US Air Corps 1931 military issue A-1 with a pure beaver 'Aviator' hat (HRH inspired) by Marc in Deutchsland.

The real Henry

Practically Family
PADDY said:
Marc in Deutschland.

:whistling :rolleyes:

Yes, Marc does some great work, some of you may remember how he brought my Federation back to life(and gave it a face-lift.lol ). He really should some pics of these great 'Aviators' on his new site!

Regards,
Henrik

SMCK

New in Town
Marc Kitters website?

I wonder (the real henry) could you tell me the address of Marc Kitters website? Google doesnt give me anything . many thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner