Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my new-to-me 5X Resistol

French

Familiar Face
Hi,

Yesterday I received a 5X Resistol Silverbelly with Maroon ribbon & edge binding. I purchased the hat from Razzman, who had Major Moore convert a Western into this fedora. The sweat has "XXXXX Beaver" written on the front, and "Resistol Self-conforming" written over the right ear. As you would expect from a western, the felt is a bit stiff. I'm very pleased with this addtion to my very modest hat collection.

Here are some (not so good) pictures for your enjoyment:

front view:
IMGP0702.jpg

side view:
IMGP0706.jpg

on a famous model:
IMGP0709.jpg

thanks for reading,
French

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice, French! The maroon ribbon is a great match for the color of the body and I think the overall shape in profile is sharp.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very Nice!

Superb balance & proportions to say nothing of the color choices! Very distinctive & quite lovely. Just outta curiosity what would a conversion like that run?

French

Familiar Face
response to Rick Blaine

Hi Rick,

I don't know, as I purchased the hat after it had been converted. Maybe Razzman, the Lounge member I purchased from will see this thread and chime in, otherwise, you could send him a PM. I'm guessing it cost less than I paid for the hat, which was less than $100...

French

carter

I'll Lock Up
French, That Resistol conversion looks very nice. The ribbon and edge binding color make for a very distinctive hat.

Justdog

Practically Family
Weird

Weird I just got a 5x self conforming western block, posted in westerns, that is a fantastic job and transformation, super colors and awesome profile.:eusa_clap

French

Familiar Face
thanks to all

Thanks to everyone who posted such kind words about the new fedora. Positive reinforcement is a good thing, so now I just need to make time to take pictures of my other hats, although none are vintage.

French

RBH

Bartender
French said:
Thanks to everyone who posted such kind words about the new fedora. Positive reinforcement is a good thing, so now I just need to make time to take pictures of my other hats, although none are vintage.

French
Vintage is nice but so is that one!!!!
You will be doing good to keep hats as nice as that one!!!!!

French

Familiar Face
possible reason for Razzman selling...

Hello Major,

First, I would like to commend you on your work, this is an incredible hat. Granted, my frame of reference is limited, but everything about it is nice. Possibly the highest praise came from my 6 year old daughter who is sort of amused by my meager hat collection. She took one look at this hat and said "Dad, I love that hat!"

Razzman told me he was selling because he already had several silverbelly hats. Needless to say, I'm happy he and I were able to work out a deal, and he is a great lounge member to deal with and get to know.

French

majormoore

Vendor
I like the front view of the hat on you best, again, very glad the hat is being worn by someone.

Major Moore

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy