Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My newly acquired Oceandrive Leather Cafe Racer (modell unknown).

Cole

One of the Regulars
I have to start this threat with a quote from HoosierDaddy, from another threat of mine.

Unique. I like unique..if it doesn't dip into the runway fashionista phaze..

This jacket does not fit into the pattern of classic jackets that are normaly discussed here, because it dips into the runway fashionista phaze and it dips in deeply. :D It is still a high quality leather jacket and that is something worth taking a look at.

The jacket is made from Oceandrive Leather, a little company based in Vancouver who is making high quality custom jackets for normal customers and TV Shows like Once Upon A Time, Smallville, Arrow and Supernatural. I had the luck to get my hands on one of their B22 jackets over the secondary marked, sadly it was at least 2 sizes to small (but I just could not say no. After all I love leather jackets and are somewhat of a geeky collector. Ask my wife. :D ). Since the Oceandrive Leather jackets usualy come at a price of $ 1.500,00 and more, ordering one is out of the question right now. Especially because I could add about 25% for costum fees and import VAT to germany.

Since there is no secondary market for high pice fashion jackets (trust me, I tried to sell the B22) I was more then surprised to stumble over another Oceandrive Leather jacket. This time it was roughly my size. And again I just could not say no.

This is not the jacket I would have picked if I could make an order from them, but for the price it was to good to pass. The leather appears to be a thin cowhide. The grey application stripe is suede. All the zippers are high quality RiRi zippers (I love them). The leather is either heavyly predistressed or whoever owned this jacket before me must have been thrown out of a train at high speed.

The fit is nice and slim but the sleeves could be 1" longer. I could also live without the two chest pockets, which would make the jacket a lot more wearable on a everyday basis.

To get an impression of the stitching and the details you can klick this L I N K which gets you to an HQ-Image in the original image size of the camera.

unknown4.jpg
unknown5.jpg
unknown6.jpg

unknown7.jpg
unknown8.jpg
unknown9.jpg

unknown10.jpg
unknown11.jpg

Oh, and Merry Christmas to all of you.

Last edited:
Why Cole..that's not bad at all. Very interesting color that is not seen often. Goes very well with denim. And you do have a pocket for everything! I especially like the way the back fits at the bottom of jacket.
HD

oceandrive leather

New in Town
grey motorcycle jacket

Hi there. Style # for that jacket you are wearing is B17. Leather is an Italian calfskin from Italy. I'm racking my brain trying to remember who we made that one for. The b22 that you purchased online was made for a friend of ours.

Cheers

Cole

One of the Regulars
Thank you for the info. I just wish your friend, for whom the B22 was made, was 4" taller. :D

odl15.jpg

Did I mention that I'm willing to trade 2 used jackets for one new? ;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Have you thought of joining a painfully hip indie band? Because that would do just the ticket. Actually, I hear The Strokes are missing a leather jacket at the moment...

Cole

One of the Regulars
Who said you can't wear a high fashion jacket on a walk with the kids? A shame, that the sleeves are an inch to short for my taste.

unknown13.jpg

unknown14.jpg

unknown15.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Hey man I think that jacket howls, just plain howls! It's unique without being too trippy and the color is wonderful. You've the body and stature to wear it and you made one helluva score! Congrats!

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner