Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My "Open Road" 30s Jacket...

Rufus

Practically Family
Beautiful jacket Sir!

I love the 30's cut jackets, very flattering cut.

I love the sleeve detailing, does it have buttons or zips on the ends?

Kind regards,
rufus

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Thanks everyone. The cuffs are zipped:

mc-openroad-lg3.jpg

There are more shots of this jacket at my site (just click on my mug above to get to the right page).

The hat comes from Miller. I've been wanting to add these to my site for a while, but they are so readily available at good prices, there doesn't seem to be much point.

Kind regards,
Indy

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
An artist at work

Indy -- I've been admiring your work for months now. This is just a stupendously cool jacket and a near work of art. :eusa_clap

I want one!

Steve

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
As many of you know, I'm all about custom work, so if you want a pocket here, a zipper pulled off there... no problem. Just drop me a line... ;)

I'll actually be adding a cotton version of my Roy Hobbs jacket soon. The funny thing is that the cotton jackets (because they are tailor made) end up costing the same as their leather counterparts. [huh]

Kind regards,
Indy

Interbak

One of the Regulars
Hey Indy,

Looks good, love the cuffs. I bought a Schott Hi-wayman style jacket a couple of years back and the cuffs had the same style, but were huge. I had my local leather guy narrow them down and add zippers. It's a great look, keeps the cuffs trim and warm. More places should offer this as an option.

Brian

Kodiak

A-List Customer
Nice jacket Magnoli. I think the back detailing might be my favorite part. It almost has a western yoked look.

And I'm still anxiously awaiting your addition of caps to the website.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Here is a new hybrid of this "Open Road" jacket with the classic "Adventure" jacket:

mc-vintadv-lg1.jpg

mc-vintadv-lg2.jpg

mc-vintadv-lg3.jpg

mc-vintadv-lg4.jpg

This was made in a very nice thick cowhide with a dull finish. You'll also notice that I used a plaid wool lining for the body to add to the vintage look. This jacket will end up being around $595 (shipped). I'll be adding it to my site shortly.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

1stsargent

New in Town
I was the one who originally commissioned the "open road" jacket and need to clear somethings up about it. The original "open road" jacket was based on a jacket produced by The Few last year and would like to give them credit for it. I asked Magnoli Clothiers to produce it and asked them to switch to zipper cuffs from the button cuffs as seen on the original. But after a 3 month wait they were unable to produce the leather they promised so I was forced to cancel the project. It was not a case of a simple change of mind. But they did refund my money in the end so no hard feeling.

ps I would post a pic of the Few's version if I can figure out how to.

Technonut

Practically Family
Indy Magnoli said:
Here is a new hybrid of this "Open Road" jacket with the classic "Adventure" jacket:

This was made in a very nice thick cowhide with a dull finish. You'll also notice that I used a plaid wool lining for the body to add to the vintage look. This jacket will end up being around $595 (shipped). I'll be adding it to my site shortly.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

You actually have me reaching for my wallet with this jacket Indy Magnoli... Just outstanding... :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn