Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My "Open Road" 30s Jacket...

carter

I'll Lock Up
Nice Jacket

I like that jacket.

Do you make or envision making anything like this?

Lambskin is lighterweight which is nice in warmer climates.
Can the lining be taffeta if desired?
I'd like to see a straight yoke and a waistcoat-type adjustment on the back instead of side tabs.
I like the two flapped patch pockets in front and would replace the zippered pocket on the left chest with a patch pocket.
Two or three inside pockets.
Button or snap closure on the cuffs which could be folded back.

I've seen jackets like this in films from the late 40's and they're usually made of fabric. Never found one though.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
carter said:
Do you make or envision making anything like this...

Carter, we can do any custom job you want, often for the same price as the jackets listed on the site. Shoot me an e-mail and we can discuss the details.

1stsargent, I have since changed suppliers for leather and have a much better selection and a three week turnaround on jackets (at the moment, at least), so if you'd like to revisit this project, drop me a line...

Kind regards,
Indy

fathergoose

New in Town
Indy, this is exactly the jacket I crave. My wife's friend, a seamstress, will do me a proper measuring on Monday. I'd be wanting it come November. It's much to hot here in the Empire until then. When would be a good time to put in an order?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn