Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to the jacket tailor today

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
P3zTdKO.jpg

Whatsapp is great, i was chatting where i want eyelet to be placed for underarm and snap position for the pocket flap, even when it is raining outside and so i dont need to drive to their shop and they dont waste time waiting for decission

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
When it rains, it pours indeed... literally and figuratively today. Seems like i can dream to wear my jacket before new year afterall, and also no need to water my garden for the rest of the week
iuTwaOa.jpg
nNyWTHP.jpg

They sent me another pics of the leather shell almost done, tommorrow i need to go there to decide the positions for the snaps. Amazing.... now i must go to my time machine to compress time (went to sleep early).

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Handymike, yeah inperson too the color combination looks very nice, its hard to judge from small leather swatches i thought both colors with compete for attention, but it turned out complementing, glad I dared to try, almost backed off with all blue jacket... and very low key gusset, quite helpful since it goes across the side panel too, and the sleeve is rotated 2cm forward from neutral.

Poul

Familiar Face
This jacket has a cut really high armhole Navetsea great propotion tailor done great job Navetsea I understandand that this is a local tailor but can you tell me the city

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
yes it is quite high arm hole, not as high as my previous goat jacket and grey cow jacket, this one is identical in sizing with my brown jacket in most of its parameter, in the city I live Malang - East Java.

Thanks Monitor. can't wait to be called again to see more update:D, if they would call me on the 25th, I would gladly skip the family xmas lunch and drive there to see my jacket again instead.

I would actually hope that's when they call me so that I'd have an excuse to skip it! Food's never good, I feel sorry for the bird, I don't eat sweet, I don't drink and the stupid thing takes forever!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
rk4Z0br.jpg
today i was called to decide the positions of the snaps and eyelets, otherwise i would miss the chance and have to wait until wednesday, so i left immediately
0Qez2ME.jpg

Both the outershell and liner have been joined except for the hem. Has not been pressed yet so all the edges looks puffy, but color combo looks nice. And man that logo emboss looks real nice too haha even when there is no such brand.
JksU1iI.jpg
gmEd3TD.jpg
vvy3G8p.jpg
04Wg0tR.jpg
8N51L0X.jpg

Liking the fit in person, the photo kinda look sloppier on the front than when it was only outershell but that is caused because the edges are puffy, later once the snaps are on and the edges is top stitched it would be clean again.

Cant wear it for new year celebration but it leaves great expectation for january:)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I would actually hope that's when they call me so that I'd have an excuse to skip it! Food's never good, I feel sorry for the bird, I don't eat sweet, I don't drink and the stupid thing takes forever!
Same i rarely eat meat for several reasons, one of them those chicken truck i often see at the trafficlight is so saddening, i eat nugget every now and then but damn those poor chickens looks clueless and bored as they are driven to be slaughtered. And i also dont drink and dont smoke since all the men in my bloodline are offed with cancers. And the topic of discussion around family meeting is usually not my cup of 'tea' (= read coffee).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner