Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My, What Big Shoulders You Have, Mr. Gekko.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Seems that Michael Douglas' shoulders are so narrow and sloped that shoulder pads needed to be placed under his shirt to keep his braces from sliding off.

Wall-Street_Michael-Douglas_Gekko-shirt_cigerette.bmp-1.jpg

Richard Warren

Practically Family
Probably just part of an effort through wardrobe and makeup to make the character seem unhuman and creepy. I don't have the stomach to watch such trash again, but I bet if you did you would see Gekko's appearance change (for the worse) as he became less attractive to the "hero."

davestlouis

Practically Family
I've never seen the movie...never seemed very interesting to me. I'd look horrible in a horizontal stripe shirt, that much I do know.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Richard Warren said:
Probably just part of an effort through wardrobe and makeup to make the character seem unhuman and creepy.
Well, the pads were initially employed to keep up his braces, but then they noticed his faux powerful shoulders suited his master of the universe status. In any event, I think they look hilarious.lol

Richard Warren

Practically Family
Wall Street the movie is in a minor way sort of like The Godfather. Some in the audience thought the characters and their dress, mannerisms, and conduct reflected the way people (whether gangsters or bond traders) actually dressed and behaved.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Well, Douglas probably won't be showing off that look when he's in the new Wall Street, but it would be funny if they had a scene in the new film where he had to wear his old suit that he went into jail with when released and everyone makes fun of him. But that probably won't happen. Having said that, I won't be seeing the new movie, I am so tired of the "let's make a sequel 20 years later" trend. Why Hollywood, why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner