Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mystery vest from Pakistan or Afghanistan, velvet with gold

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I have a vest that dad got along time ago.
He told me it was old even when he got it.

He thinks its from Afghanistan or Pakistan.

Does anyone know what it is and if its worth something?
There is no labels so I have no clue to age or manufacturer.

P1010782.JPG

P1010781.JPG

P1010783.JPG

P1010784.JPG

Trotsky

A-List Customer
I offer no actual info, but I picked up a hat on the streets of NYC for $5 that is the exact same cloth and pattern. For some reason I want to say it was Turkish, but I cannot be sure.

rotsman09

New in Town
Hey, I know this is kind of a necro post but what the heck. I'd love to message you about it. It is a afghan vest. interesting on the inside, must have been relined sometime. Do you still have it? I'd be interested in it... I apologize if that's wrong but I joined the forum just to see if I can finish my costume and I need this vest.
Thanks man!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I'm sorry but value or not the vest is not for sale.
I remember wearing it 30 years ago and it has been in the family ever since. I remember putting it on and feeling like a prince.
It contains memories from my fathers friends that lived in a collective in Hamburg Germany.
It was the oddest pack you could imagine, a pakistanier who made us curry and had his corner filled
with leather puffs, curtains, wooden statues and so on, and in the other end someone had just a bed lol,
and then there was Alex who had a small jewelry shop - nowdays I think he is a wealthy man and the shop is alot bigger.
We used to go out in the night and throw a glow-in-the-dark frisbee in the park
and sometimes on the rooftops.
The vest was acquired from one of the persons in the collective and it reminds me
of the times when you were little and everything was an adventure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran