Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAUSEATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone believe that a man who cannot pull on a glove actually wrote this book. As a one time, long time, poorly compensated ghost writer I am doubly (quadrupely :eek: ) repulsed.

His hubris, his lack of empathy, his vanity, his sheer loathsomeness are truly awesome. But anyone who would work with this creep, anyone who would deal with him hoping to profit is even worse.

*three minutes later:
I can't help but notice the byline. According to Amazon, this book was written by: "None and Sam Jones."

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
What if the "ifs" matched the actual crime to such a degree that the case were reopened, and he came to trial again based on new evidence? Is that possible? Or is he protected from being prosecuted again?

Boy would that be sweet. From Crime of the Century to Idiot of the Millennium.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
They will get $33 million, sure, but they won't get more. Has he not already paid them? He was a high paid man at one time.
O.J. has yet to pay a dime of the judgement. All of his assets were sold to pay the "Dream Team" but his pensions (500k+ per year) can not be touched by the judgement. And, he moved to Florida because primary residences are protected from judgements, had he stayed in California, he would have had to rent.

Why he's involved in book deals and pitching reality shows is beyond me as it isn't for monetary need.

As an aside, I've seen him in Miami Beach restaurants and there are always a steady stream of well-wishers stopping by his dinner table.:eusa_doh:

Fedorista

Familiar Face
scotrace said:
What if the "ifs" matched the actual crime to such a degree that the case were reopened, and he came to trial again based on new evidence? Is that possible? Or is he protected from being prosecuted again?

Boy would that be sweet. From Crime of the Century to Idiot of the Millennium.

5th Amendment of American Bill of Rights:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
HoosierDaddy said:
Oh..BTW...starring OJ himself....

I've got an idea: let's write a book and call it If We Did It To O.J.. Make it into a TV movie. Nicole's and Ron's relatives can play Nicole and Ron, who get to "hypothetically" hack at O.J. (starring as himself). Only let's make sure that the knives are real.

By golly, make it pay-per-view!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I decided back in 1995 that there were few things on this earth that were less worth my time or consideration in any way than O. J. Simpson. Nothing that's happened in the years since has given me any reason to reconsider that conclusion.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
As an aside, I've seen him in Miami Beach restaurants and there are always a steady stream of well-wishers stopping by his dinner table.:eusa_doh:

Unbelievable! :rage:
Some people will shmooze to any length in order to get their lousy 15 seconds of fame.
I would be hard pressed to resist the overwhelming urge to confront him. Just to see that split second of doubt on his face. :mad:

Viola

Call Me a Cab
LizzieMaine said:
I decided back in 1995 that there were few things on this earth that were less worth my time or consideration in any way than O. J. Simpson.

Especially if he's in the road and you're behind the wheel. Taking the time to tap the brakes is so... exhausting.

Hypothetically,
Viola

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
LizzieMaine said:
I decided back in 1995 that there were few things on this earth that were less worth my time or consideration in any way than O. J. Simpson. Nothing that's happened in the years since has given me any reason to reconsider that conclusion.

I understand how you feel. For me, though, it's a bit more personal.

Back when the killings occurred, I was going to school not far from the murder scene. In fact, it was on the route that I took to get to and from school. A day or two after the murders, I unwittingly drove by the site. It was filled with investigators, but the street itself was not blocked off to traffic at that moment.

Yes, there were bloodstains on the ground -- lots of them. Yes, they could be seen from the street. And yes, it was awful.

The early '90s were a bad, bad time to be living in Los Angeles.

olive bleu

One Too Many
someone hand me that barf bag over there...
throwup.gif

oh... too late.sorry:confused:

The heading of this thread says it all.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So sickening. Just goes to show you that the publishing companies will do anything for a buck. Is nothing sacred anymore?
As for OJ, it's almost as "if" he's laughing in the faces of everyone, those who went to bat for him, and all of those who were convinced he was in fact guilty who were so incredibly disturbed by him being found innocent.
What a disturbing thing. I wonder about the people who will buy this book. What is their motivation? Are they just intrigued by the mere fact that the book was even written? Or, are they OJ fans, who will believe anything that he says or does, and swear by his innocence?
I'm all for a raid on the bookstore with some white-out....

Elaina

One Too Many
I sat glued to the trial.

I slowly got disenchanted with the legal system.

I strongly feel that victims should not continued to be victimized, and I think the Goldmans and the Browns are not getting any relief from this mess.

But you know who's paying the price for all this? Nicole's children. OJ isn't thinking of them. This is their Mother, and he's making a buck. I think the state should step in and jerk them from him for psychological abuse.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Elaina said:
But you know who's paying the price for all this? Nicole's children. OJ isn't thinking of them. This is their Mother, and he's making a buck. I think the state should step in and jerk them from him for psychological abuse.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I think we've all always known that OJ was a selfish jerk (I'm not allowed to say what I really would like to say, but I'm sure you all are thinking the same thing), but this is surely the icing on the cake. What he is doing to his children is beyond sick. He's putting his fame and want for more money over the mental well being of his own kids. Kids he should expend all of his energy protecting and loving, not just because he is their father, but even more so because all of the pain and horror they have already seen and been put through. It seems that nobody is protecting these children, looking out for their well being. As if they weren't affected enough by the horrific murder and constant media coverage of their mother. Now their own father has to go and hurt them even more. And it seems, through his shameless interviews and pushing of this "book", that he really hasn't thought of their welfare at all.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Daisy Buchanan said:
Just goes to show you that the publishing companies will do anything for a buck. Is nothing sacred anymore?
This esteemed piece of literature comes courtesy of Judith Regan, who has served up the likes of Howard Stern and Rush Limbaugh. :(

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Think about it;

If OJ really didn't commit the murders, this book is just a pathetic attempt by a washed-up celebrity to cash in on the tragic deaths of two people by getting people to think he killed them.

If OK really DID commit the murders, this book is just a pathetic attempt by a washed-up celebrity to cash in on and flaunt the two murders he committed and got away with.

Wow, what great options...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran