Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nearly time for a new peacoat...

PhilD82

New in Town
Hiya everybody, in a few months it's going to be getting cold again and sadly, my trusty Schott NYC 740N peacoat will have to be sold- I've lost some weight and it looks a bit ridiculous to say the least- I paid £150 for it six years ago and the price has gone above £200 for a new one since then (might be the sad state of the exchange rate though) so I should be able to make some of my money back on eBay. I loved my Schott but I can't stretch to a new one, much as I'd like to. I've heard some very positive things about the Sterlingwear Authentic peacoat, I'm told that you get much the same build quality as a Schott but you aren't paying for the name. I'm told the fit of the Sterlingwear is a little more snug so I'd best go down only the one size. Also, when I emailed them about international shipping, I received one of the most helpful replies to an email I think I've ever had. I don't suppose anybody knows if the US Navy peacoat stocked by Silvermans is a Sterlingwear one? if so I'll order from them!

By the way, my Magnoli U-boat jacket, which I ordered last year, is just great- the fit around the stomach is a little snug, even after breaking in, but losing some weight and having on of the buttons of the half belt shifted helped a lot. If I ever needed an incentive to flatten my belly this is it- The build quality is fantastic and the hide weighs a ton- it's a jacket for life and I'd like to say thanks again to my fellow loungers for their help- I'd recommend Indy's jackets to anybody!

Peacoat

Bartender
Sterlingwear has had the US Navy contract for a number of years. It is a high quality peacoat.

Please see my sticky about peacoats at the top of this page. I have a section on sizing toward the end of the article. Based on the sizing information I have received, the authentic is sized about the same as the current issue peacoats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles