Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help appraising A2

lefty12

Familiar Face
Hi everyone,

Times are tough and I am thinking about selling off my A2.
Would appreciate any feedback with a ball park figure of what I should be asking.

Thanks!
Lefty

df004.jpg

df005.jpg

df006.jpg

df007.jpg

df008.jpg

df009.jpg

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
A cooper jacket like that will usually be in the ballpark of 100 dollars at auction. The patches may or may not be detrimental to the price, alot of people just aren't into them.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cooper A2s are very common on Ebay. The patches will appeal to some people, but I doubt if you will get much more than $150 for it. Good luck.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
cHiming in

yes, i've bought a few coopers, and priced many, on ebay

in great condition they usually go for $125 to $150, sometimes up to $175

what might make yours worth a bit more are the patches...normally they might detract from the value, but it's clear yours are authentic repro 'flying tiger', and done very well...only problem is that the cut of the cooper is NOT, and i mean NOT ww2...so no way can it be sold as a true flying tiger repro...but some people might like that patch arrangement on it

if it was done by cooper that might make it a special limited edition, which might make it desirable

good luck

fraazierjo

New in Town
Interested

Lefty,
Good looking jacket, even though it's not technically authentic. The leather looks nice and I have a good imagination. Your jacket could join my collection which is mostly made up of Canadian leather varsity jackets favored by jocks up in the frigid north. (See avatar!)

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
If it was a size 52L I'd make you an offer ;) the tiger patch is really good, and I like the bloodchit being... subdued... even though I'm not really into patches (never say never) that jacket gives me "tales of the golden monkey" 70's retrovibes...

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
BTW where did you get the patches, or was the jacket like that when you got it? I guess I'm going on the dark side... but the tiger patch is... übercool

fraazierjo

New in Town
Appraised (and bought!) A2

Sorry, Big Hairy Finn - I got this jacket and its even nicer than it looked on the post. The size didn't matter to me! Thanks for the great little A2, Lefty! i'm enjoying it already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24