Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NERD ALERT!!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jake_fink said:
It did look like Locke in the glimpse we got last season, but Jacob has been pretty much represented as Christian Shepherd for this season as far as I recall. Maybe Jacob is something else, not a person exactly, but something else that takes various forms using time travel or loops or...

Basically, I dunno. [huh]
Yes, Christian is Jacob's rep, which was a revelation because they were leading us to believe he WAS Jacob. I guess another theory is that Jacob is the island itself.
I think the whole thing is pretty cool. In answering some questions, the show certainly hasn't gotten less interesting!

flat-top

Rosie said:
Awwww, I came here specifically to see what you all were saying about the last two episodes. Is no one else watching? :(
I'm here! I LOVE the direction of this season.
This time-jumping storyline can virtually answer every mystery presented thus far. Very very cool.

carter

I'll Lock Up
I'm saving each recorded episode. There's a lot more to process than in each episode last season. It's interesting that they're showing the previous week's episode with comments before each new episode. I wonder where the hydrogen bomb thread is leading.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
jughead

carter said:
I'm saving each recorded episode. There's a lot more to process than in each episode last season. It's interesting that they're showing the previous week's episode with comments before each new episode. I wonder where the hydrogen bomb thread is leading.

Y'know, Ive been waiting for years now to see if they would tie this to the SouthPacific Nuke tests.

Do you think the writers have been influenced by the nuke test & army uniforms depicted in the last Indiana Jones movie?

A bit unfathomable that of the few Hbomb tests in `54, the USGovt could let one get captured.

Im checkign around to see if one actually was named JUGHEAD.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
jughead 1954-cold war

Operation Castle Yankee, 1954, Hbomb JUGHEAD not detonated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Yankee
Jughead

Yankee was originally intended to be a test of a simplified and lightened bomb version (the TX-16, or "emergency capability" EC-16) of the large and complex cryogenic device (the first successful multi-stage fusion device) tested in Ivy Mike. A small number of EC-16s were produced on an emergency basis to provide a stop-gap thermonuclear weapon capability in response to the Russian nuclear weapons program.
The test device, code-named "Jughead", had been prepared as a backup in case the non-cryogenic "Shrimp" fusion device (first tested in Castle Bravo) failed to work. The test of "Jughead" was cancelled when the Bravo device was successful, and the few EC-16s which were actually built were withdrawn and dismantled.
[edit]

180px-Mk17_bomb.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Excellent research, MrBern!

Withdrawn perhaps, but were all dismantled?

Were Charles Widmore and Benjamin Lyons somehow involved in the loss/pilfering of a nuclear device?

Military service? Was Ben also on the island when Widmore is in the military unit that is there to recover/disarm the bomb?

Was the bomb ultimately buried? What, if anything, does this have to do with the island's mysterious energy source?

Will Charley be resurrected as the next American Idol?

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
I watch it!

Only kind of tv I do watch! Do you guys think everyone will go back to the island and will locke come back to life? And is it me or does the show go by fast with all the commercial breaks?

carter

I'll Lock Up
deco_darling said:
Only kind of tv I do watch! Do you guys think everyone will go back to the island and will locke come back to life? And is it me or does the show go by fast with all the commercial breaks?
It does go rather quickly. All the commercial breaks allow me to do some reading.
I prefer the 60 and 90 second breaks on another show produced by Bad Robot, Fringe.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Front Toward Enemy

BTW,
When the tripwire was spotted in the jungle, there is a glimpse of the explosive device.
So I'm thinking Claymore Mine? But the rest of the gear seems KoreanWar era.

I thought the Claymore was a VietNamWar era weapon...

Later in the ep, the Others claim they didnt position the mines.

But still, these claymores were developed in the `50s, but not in service til 1960.
Is this a goof , or a clue?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore_mine

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
Withdrawn perhaps, but were all dismantled?

Were Charles Widmore and Benjamin Lyons somehow involved in the loss/pilfering of a nuclear device?

Military service? Was Ben also on the island when Widmore is in the military unit that is there to recover/disarm the bomb?

Was the bomb ultimately buried? What, if anything, does this have to do with the island's mysterious energy source?

Widmore's correct name isnt on his uniform.
But theyre speaking Latin, while Juliet knows is a clue that they are Others.
Are they using captured uniforms? The Others are fond of costumes & fake beards.

carter

I'll Lock Up
And... who are the Frenchmen and woman who rescued Jin from the ocean after the ship exploded? Are they the survivors of an earlier plane crash?

It appears that the woman is a younger incarnation of Danielle Rousseau, the mother of Ben's daughter.

Where [or when] is Ben when this occurs?

I'm sooooo :confused:

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Rousseau said early on that her research ship wrecked on the island & that everyone else died of some disease.

Interestingly, we see now that she was pregnant BEFORE she got to the Island, so if Ben is the biological father, the baby wasnt produced on the island. Is Ben the biological father or the adoptive father, since the kid was abducted from the Mother?
Wasnt there a whole deal about children couldnt be conceived on the Island? I think thats now playing into the time anomolies, or as Daniel put it, 'if it didnt happen, it cant happen.'

At some point Charlie found an innoculation gun in some of the Dharma airpdrop supplies, I beleive he used it on himself & aaron.
Initially Desmond & his Hatchmate thought the rest of the world was dead of some plague.
Or is this tied to the time displacement sickness & nosebleeds?

flat-top

MrBern said:
Rousseau said early on that her research ship wrecked on the island & that everyone else died of some disease.

Interestingly, we see now that she was pregnant BEFORE she got to the Island, so if Ben is the biological father, the baby wasnt produced on the island. Is Ben the biological father or the adoptive father, since the kid was abducted from the Mother?
Wasnt there a whole deal about children couldnt be conceived on the Island? I think thats now playing into the time anomolies, or as Daniel put it, 'if it didnt happen, it cant happen.'

At some point Charlie found an innoculation gun in some of the Dharma airpdrop supplies, I beleive he used it on himself & aaron.
Initially Desmond & his Hatchmate thought the rest of the world was dead of some plague.
Or is this tied to the time displacement sickness & nosebleeds?
I think it's been deduced that Ben "adopted" Rousseau's daughter, and is not really her father. Children can be concieved on the island, but never survive, which is why Juliet was supposedly brought there.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
plague

So, is the nosebleed part of the sickness or madness that had been previoulsy described?
In the first season, didnt Rousseau claim her team either died of a disease, or she killed them because of an island disease?
When Desmond first got to the Hatch, didnt the guy punching in the numbers think the world was mostly ravaged by a plague?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner