Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW 2010 Stetson Whippet

Al_Ojeda

Familiar Face
hatted said:

That hat is too expensive for a cheap cuenca llano :eek: just my two cents & again bound brim in a straw... have you ever seen a real montecristi with 800 wpi + with bound brim??? you will destroy to whole art of the weaver...I just too purist when I talk about hats sorry, you can buy what ever you want is your money.

HATCO

Vendor
I think the designer's intention was to do a summer straw version of the furfelt version of the brewster which was very successful. In my experience I would say binding a straw brim accentuates problems and doesn't hide them. So I would disagree with your point about showing a cheap quality.

HATCO

Vendor
I was told that using those particular blocks and flanges the largest size we can go up to is 7 5/8 :( Sorry guys

I'm looking to see what we can make in 7 3/4 and 8 in straw.

HATCO said:
I was told that using those particular blocks and flanges the largest size we can go up to is 7 5/8 :( Sorry guys

I'm looking to see what we can make in 7 3/4 and 8 in straw.

Well, at least you asked. Perhaps they can put something together in the future. I am sure there are plenty of big headed guys who go wanting for a larger sized hat. I am on the cusp with a 7 5/8. [huh]

GWD

One Too Many
I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it the angle of the photo or the proportions of the hat. It doesn't look right to me. [huh]

I'd like to see more photo's and someone wearing it.

carldelo

One Too Many
GWD said:
The Whippet

You know, that image does look a little wonky, like it's been compressed in width. I stretched it 10% in width only, leaving the height alone and it looks more like a normal hat. I'd post the result, but the image file is indicated as being copyrighted on the Fedora Store site and I don't want to run afoul of any publishing rules. So give it a try if you're interested - I think it may be a problem with the picture, not the hat.

HATCO

Vendor
nope the picture is right.

I've got a T.O. (taken out) because of a rib missing in the ribbon band. Whoever is a smaller 7 1/4 or a large 7 1/8. I'll send it to you so you can review it. I just need it back.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
HATCO said:
nope the picture is right.

I've got a T.O. (taken out) because of a rib missing in the ribbon band. Whoever is a smaller 7 1/4 or a large 7 1/8. I'll send it to you so you can review it. I just need it back.

Uhm. :whistling Sounds like a heck of a deal, except the send it back part.:D PM sent for a heck of an oppurtunity.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Looks like way too much money for way too little hat

Maybe they are trading on the name?

Can't someone measure out the dimensions of an original Whippet and get them to Stetson so they know what to start making?

Just a suggestion![huh]

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Well guys, thanks to Hatco I will soon be giving the new Whippet a trial run. I will post up pictures and give my impressions of it once it arrives. I'm pretty excited to see it and get a look at how the dimensions stack up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR