Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New A-1 jacket from Original Flightjackets, horsehide, crafted in Germany, PICS

JanSolo

Practically Family
So, technically, I think you owe us a few extra humorous shots with the pre-requisite tree in the background in your next review

Will do! But only if you convince your cats to appear in one of next pics!

A real Master cobbler is hard to find and like a family doctor.

Very true!! But Marco really knows what he is doing. His made to measure/order shoes are also a joy to behold. Too expensive for me though...

JanSolo

Practically Family
After receiving a couple of PM's I would like to again point out that this A-1 jacket is available in two different patterns:

Pattern 1:

- Slim and slender body
- Close cut back with no excessive leather
- High armholes
- Narrow sleeves

Pattern 2:

- Fuller cut body, yet still retaining a sharp silhouette
- Roomy shoulder section
- Bigger armholes
- Slightly wider sleeves
- This is NOT an oversized pattern but merely a more relaxed and comfortable pattern for stocky built individuals

Pic shows the slimmer pattern No 1:

8299158929_d1afb3dd56_c.jpg

JanSolo

Practically Family
I'm sorry Fletch! Does "stocky" sound too offensive? I could have said "portly" instead but I'm not sure if it would have made any difference.
I just wanted to say that "Pattern 2" is meant for people who are slightly more compact with wider shoulders and a broader chest...in fact it's also a pattern for those who really intend to wear such a jacket with a couple of layers underneath, hence the slightly lowered armholes.

In Japan they'd say "not available."

Amen to that !!;)

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I'm sorry Fletch! Does "stocky" sound too offensive? I could have said "portly" instead but I'm not sure if it would have made any difference.

Portly...portly?! Stick with stocky if you plan a career in the diplomatic corps :eeek:
What next? Corpulent? :eek:

tonypaj

Practically Family
Portly...portly?! Stick with stocky if you plan a career in the diplomatic corps :eeek:
What next? Corpulent? :eek:

And to Fletch, as well, I used to work in the Foreign Ministry of my country of birth, after I quit that I've worked in international organizations up until now. In cocktail parties we'd refer to a "portly person" as "that fat guy there". We still do that. I myself would now probably be called that "fat bald guy there", but I must say I have not put on 75 pounds :), I'm 6 feet tall and weigh about 185-190 lbs, used to be 165-170. That qualifies as fat here, though, and about bald, well, ain't much to do there.

Anyway, I kind of like Goodwear A-1s, based on pictures. Never had one, so my opinion counts little here.

Last edited:

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
tonypaj said:
Anyway, I kind of like Goodwear A-1s, based on pictures. Never had one, so my opinion counts little here.

I've had 4 of them (and three ELC A-1s) and I can't praise them enough...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails