Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New A-2 'Frankenstein' Jacket

DiabolicalAngel

One of the Regulars
Been a bit lazy recently, should have posted this one on ages ago. This is a jacket Aero knocked up for me in less than two weeks from start to finish.

I thought as I have a few A-2's in the bag already I wanted a something different and specified a bit of everything in this jacket, basically it's a 'Real Deal' in Russett HH , Bronco pocket, pocket flaps from an Aero 38-1711 contract, Crown zipper, the mouton collar, stitching on the sleeve cuff and the bottom of the jacket like on my Buzz Rickson etc etc...so here it is. Something for winter :)

RoyJacket025.jpg

RoyJacket028.jpg

RoyJacket027.jpg

Harp

I'll Lock Up
"Frankenstein Jacket"

Greetings from a lounge newbie.... A gorgeous monster, like a mad scientist crossed a Navy G1 with an A2. Like it.

jake431

Practically Family
That jacket looks fantastic! Definitely a good reference when it comes time for me to pull the trigger on one.

-Jake

Close Shave

New in Town
CBI Mod

Hi

It is not unlike the one Aero market as a "CBI Theatre Modified" A2, is it?

Looks lovely though, I must say! Also it is nice to see someone take the plunge without obsessing over whether the diameter of the thread is a correct match for the original!!

I often wonder what the B3 would be like if we designed it today: sheepskin with a Gore Tex outer perhaps?!

DiabolicalAngel

One of the Regulars
Jake, I will get on the case asap. Are you going to take the plunge and getting one too? I am going to speak to Aero soon about getting another one done in Seal with rust knits but slightly larger in body size to accomodate layering underneath.

Cheers !

jake431

Practically Family
DiabolicalAngel said:
Jake, I will get on the case asap. Are you going to take the plunge and getting one too? I am going to speak to Aero soon about getting another one done in Seal with rust knits but slightly larger in body size to accomodate layering underneath.

Cheers !

Possibly, yes. A friend of mine has an original A-2 that is perfect for me, so I am going to see if I can get a Real Deal (with a mouton collar like yours) made to the measurements of that original A-2. I might even have them throw a CBI shield on the shoulder too.

-Jake

Hondo

One Too Many
Although I prefer A-2 with the rust coller, still its a great looking jacket, hope your take care breaking it in ;) Thanks for sharing :eusa_clap

DiabolicalAngel

One of the Regulars
Thanks Hondo ! Breaking in my A-2 Bronco from Aero right now, so much for the English summer, a tad bit nippy and wet right now so taking full advantage! Got a Lost Worlds Dubow to break in too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot