Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero 42-15142-P

Thanks all for the kind remarks. Yes, mustard lining. It's funny to see a thread where MY sleeves are considered long lolI'll post more pics when I think they've done their thing. I'm so paranoid about short sleeves that I'd rather them be long. I could ride downtown with this one on - and driving is so much better without them climbing to my forearms. If my other plan gets into gear, lifting weights again should give me back some shoulders, and with that, the sleeves would look better I think.

leopardstyle

One of the Regulars
This jacket looks amazing. Perfect style, perfect color, perfect fit. Personally I think the sleeves are looking good. I like them a little long on myself. Were you getting jackets that fit that well right from the beginning, or have you perfected your sizing purchases as time has gone on?

A few years of searching...nothing is perfect, some come close. I've flipped more than I own in the search. I think it's true for many here. If you have a body that's "normal" it might be easier. Many of us don't fall under that label. I've always had a hard time with sleeves and body length. When I was in better shape, I had a larger neck (18.5") too that added grief for dress shirts. Now I'm pretty easy to get shirts for with many makers. Jackets are tough though. Every maker and style has a different cut and look. What looks good on a website or in a catalog may not look good on you. You get used to it, but it's a drag to anticipate a new jacket only to have it look less than you'd hoped for. I guess it's part of the fun - had I found one perfect jacket, I'd not have all this fun here - and it sure is fun! lol
One other point - I'll take some side-by-side pics of my Aero Bronco in seal Capeskin and this one. The new '42 is much darker. I'm glad actually because they're not as alike as I thought they might be...

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Sweet overall look man.
The jacket fits you very good, wierd, because I thought the black rocker jacker was you :D

Its a compliment to the good fit and beautiful jacket.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Hi Scott, very nice jacket and the fit is spot on too. The "new slimmer you" suits you very good. You look fit, healthy and in good shape! I totally agree with what you said about sleeve length. Better too long than too short! Enjoy your new jacket!

PS: This time the belt fits!

Thanks guys!
Jan - all new belts for you! Glad you noticed.
Brian - need to discuss the GW with you at some point.

Sadly, it's been in the low 90°s here all weekend. No jacket time.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
^^haha- I'll trade ya some liquid sunshine. Got plenty of that crap around here :lol:

Well... As the story goes, the pits are are tad tight on me.
Sadly, that means it's on the block now.
Will put details in the classifieds later today.
PM if interested. $625 shipped. CONUS.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Scott, you tried stretching them? I did this with my Kelso, and am very pleased with the results. Jaguar66 turned me on to the method (I guess via JC): cold soak arm hole and then gently stretch over your knee to desired fit. I did it once, plus about three "dry" stretches by hand...

I say if your only beef is with the armholes, stretch em and keep the jacket. That's my two cents, anyway :)

OK, I did it and it's fine now. I'm just not used to a more slim cut. But since my doc gave me a compliment on it today, I'm happy :)
Thanks breton, I considered that, but thought twice about it.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Atta boy! Make it your date night A2 ;)

(and you avoided a multi-hundred dollar loss!!!)

Atta boy! Make it your date night A2 ;)(and you avoided a multi-hundred dollar loss!!!)
I was trying to see if I could do a trade on a certain Aero 422a :)I'll smack this one around a bit. It honestly did not budge much, but enough to stop the sale. Maybe one or two more and it'll be perfect. Or, I lose another 5 lbs lol

schmitty8

New in Town
scott - glad you decided to keep it as the jacket looks phenomenal. I think sometimes we all need to adjust to different fits. You don't want to be uncomfortable, but I am sure in a few months it will be one of your favs once you get used to it.

Brando11

A-List Customer
Good looking jacket. Glad you're keeping it. Just got word from Mark Moye that my long awaited HB Deluxe is on the way across the pond as we speak- just hope it looks as good on me as this one does on you.

Best-
-Brando

(Yes, BTW, that is your old Schott in my avatar-)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo