Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Cafe Racer

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
My new Cafe Racer arrived. It's black, two breast pockets, size 42, plain back, silver hardware and double collar studs. The lining ist black stewart.

I am quite pleased with it, but decide for yourself:

Foto57.jpg

Foto58.jpg

Foto60.jpg

Foto62.jpg

JanSolo

Practically Family
Finally some pics! The jacket looks great on you. The two horizontal chest pockets give a much cleaner and more defined look than the side pockets on my Cafe Racer. The fit is dead on and sleeve and body length are perfect. But you don't sound too convinced by your latest acquisition...or am I getting you wrong?
When I received my first Aero Cafe Racer I couldn't believe that I overlooked such a sharp looking jacket for so long.

Enjoy your great jacket!

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Great looking jacket! Very nice. Do you have a bike to go with it's awesome moto look? Great fit too.

Tommer

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
@JanSolo: finally? it arrived just today :)
I am very pleased with it, sorry to give you the wrong impression. I would have liked a few more months of cold, instead of heat in which I won't be wearing it much. However, with this and the HWYman, I probably have more leather jackets than I will ever need. Except for a Cheyenne, or may be a Veste de Rallye, an A2?

@Tommer Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I plan to get a bike (again) and it's even a vintage one (BMW R27), but it's not here yet. It has a classic upright driver's position, so I should have no problem without the bi-swing back.

felix03

One of the Regulars
Very nice!:eusa_clap

I think the 2-pocket version looks very clean, and I especially like the way the collar is made.

Is the storm flap on the front something you requested?

I've had my cafe racer for 1.5 months now, and I love everything about it except the way the collar stud presses into my throat. Enjoy!

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
Daniel Hunter said:
That's a great looking jacket and I hate to say it but I think the sleeves are a little short.

Partly the pictures are a bit misleading, because of the posture I took to get the best of what little light I could get out of that built-in cam. Partly I agree in that that I have also seen some that have even longer sleeves, because they went for a less tight fit.

However, that's not what I wanted and I must say that even longer sleeves would only be comfortable on a bike and would actually restrict my hand when I am not. If it were purely to be worn on a bike, I'd agree, but I'd rather compromise and wear longer gloves (which are fitting the era anyway)

here are is one illustrating the sleeve length more accurately.

Foto63.jpg

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
felix03 said:
Very nice!:eusa_clap

I think the 2-pocket version looks very clean, and I especially like the way the collar is made.

Is the storm flap on the front something you requested?

I've had my cafe racer for 1.5 months now, and I love everything about it except the way the collar stud presses into my throat. Enjoy!

thanks felix03. yes, I wanted the storm flap. That problem with the stud went away within minutes since I asked for an extended collar with two studs and that bends away by itself. However the jacket does need some serious punishment now to become as soft as my HWYman already is.

Jägernaut

Practically Family
Someone is using the image of this jacket on eBay. Seller out of Washington. Asked a couple of questions and got no response. Beware.

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Someone is using the image of this jacket on eBay. Seller out of Washington. Asked a couple of questions and got no response. Beware.

There are two pics up on eBay; I think the second pic is the jacket actually for sale? They are different jackets. The first pic is the pic of the OP's jacket (no hand warmer pockets), the second pic has hand warmer pockets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cafe-racer-...461?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339e84dca5

Good eye, Jagernaut. You remembered a picture of a jacket that posted back in 2009.

Last edited:

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
funny! you are right, somebody stole my picture... however, mine is still with me and going strong. It's the leather jacket I wear the most and it's got thousands of kilometers on the bike in the mean time.

Roma

A-List Customer
My new Cafe Racer arrived. It's black, two breast pockets, size 42, plain back, silver hardware and double collar studs. The lining ist black stewart.

I am quite pleased with it, but decide for yourself:

Foto57.jpg

Foto58.jpg

Foto60.jpg

Foto62.jpg

Great look. What is the size and back lenght of the jacket and what is your height? I chose for myself with 6'2" height a 44 size with custom back lenght 26".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24