Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Cafe Racer

Oh! I see it, now. I thought it is the kind of collar Schott makes, with the snap closure tab sewn onto the mandarin collar, but it's just an illusion given by the shirt you're wearing underneath the jacket. :)

Roma

A-List Customer
Did you get the chance to measure?:) From the collar seam to the bottom. Possibly you have the production sheet which came in the box and it's stated there.

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
7 years later that jacket is still going strong, saw at least 10000 kilometers on the bike (no crashes though). Not a single complaint here, not missing the bi-swing-construction or longer sleeves. I am alternating between the Aero Cafe Racer, a Harro Racing Vest and an ICON 1000 Vigilant, but in terms of fit and style the Cafe Racer from Aero is still second to none.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
So I have this same jacket in a size 42, and it's about 3 years old as of November this year. I'm 6' 1" and 195, a little longer Torso then some so picking mine up through Insurrection was the right choice. (They add body & sleeve length over standard Aero jackets). The fit is S N U G, this needs to be emphasied. The body tapers down to the waist. For riding it's an ideal fit. I saw your post about the collars too. I've gotten "used" to this one however I'm spoiled as it's faily narrow, fits snug, like the rest of the jacket, and the snaps are out into the band further with a triangular cut to them. If you do not snap this shut, these triangular tabs will tend to "form" back toward the next outwards. They take some getting used to.

Mine is steerhide which is a wonderful leather for wearing and riding. It does show edge wear, in a greyish color, to an extent and this did not take long to develop. It's also developing beautiful grain & patina especailly in the sleeves. And the deep, rich leather smell has only gotten richer and more noticable with wearing. It's been a joy to own and wear, and looing forward to many more years of use. To the OP, how about some 7 year photos?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24