Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero FQHH A2 - is it to short ?

Peacoat

Bartender
Dean: The Alpaca lining is very thin in the Aeros. In your Michigan winters, you would need at least a sweater under the jacket to keep warm.

Maybe your "Guest" designation will change to your proper status after things get worked out in the next few days. I was listed as a "Senior Member" at first, then it was changed.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks! The Alpaca on my Korean War era winter headgear is heavy duty. I like the new look to the place. Been out for a while over at the VLJ.

dean

reflected

New in Town
It really is rather short, but I think it looks great! That's the way I like jackets to fit. Also, as others suggested, try it with your jeans pulled a tad higher.

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Hallo Christian,

my one´s back length is 64,5 cm. measured fom just under the collarstand to the buttom within the cutt, without it is 57,5 cm.

Hope that helps.

Oliver

Mr Badger

Practically Family
takes a certain physique to pull off high-waisted pants; i.e. you gotta be built like a depression era 20-something.

Nah, that's deffo not true! Two words: Robert Mitchum! I'm 6' 4" with a 38 natural waist and a slight spare tyre, and higher-waisted trousers work very well indeed for me. However, the same as with the moderne fallacy of 'one size fits all', it's a definite that different body heights and sizes require a particular 'rise' in pants or jeans...

What you need to make sure is that you get pants or jeans that follow your natural waistline, rather than sit on the hips or are too high that they make your body look unbalanced. My ideal is just level with my navel, which goes very well with vintage clothes but isn't so high that it makes me look like I'm wearing what a pal memorably once termed 'titsters'!

My advice is to go to somewhere with a wide selection of pants, even somewhere like a larger Sears, grab a load with different rises and simply go through 'em until you find a 'height' that you like. Then make a note of the length of the rise – top of the waistband to the crotch seam, along the fly. Most retailers and even Ebay sellers will quite happily measure the rise of pants and jeans, so then you can simply match 'em with your ideal...

I learnt by trial and error, so this knowledge is somewhat hard-won! :D

For instance, the rise on my LVC 1933 jeans is just too low and they make me look like I've got a huge gut, as any top serves to accentuate my very slight paunch. On the other hand, my LVC 1920 and 1944 model jeans are slightly higher-waisted and give me a very trim silhouette...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy