Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero 'Pioneer'

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kudu

photo-1.jpg
[/IMG]

regius

for some reason the photography makes the jacket and my body looks very small....this is a size 38, pretty horizontal shoulder (not drapey, a matter of preference), and slim torso. I could wear a 40 but the soft skin stretches well so I am liking the snug fit with the sweater. LONG sleeves! Some panels on the sleeves do no match but this seems usual for the deer/sheet family.

regius

by the way, if someone has a size 38-40 halfbelt delux, I'd like to trade with my 1930s slim fit halfbelt in vintage cordovan w/alpaca lining+inside pocket. thanks!

philosophy101

A-List Customer
Great fit, and such a classic design you've chosen, regius! So cool! I second the request for pics of the back (when you have the chance).

Zero

New in Town
Hey regius I was wondering what are the measurements of your 38? Currently on Aero's website there is kudu pioneer in size 36, but when I contacted Aero Amanda said the pit to pit measurement was 23"! That's an extra 10 inches in the chest, which is way beyond any 36" jacket I've seen. It seems to be more like a 42-44.

Also, from the picture your jacket has a lovely burgundy like hue to it. Does it give off these undertones in person?

Plumbline

One Too Many
I know Alexanders have just recieved an order of Kudu ... but it is mighty thick stuff ( like the heavy Chrome Tanned Steer which Aero had of old) 4-5oz ...... REALLY lovely looking with that reddish almost cordovan hue to the finish .... but too tough for my taste. I can't do 2 year jacket break in's any more :(

For the right jacket though ... it's AMAZING leather.

Equally ... I'm not sure it was Amanda at Aero ... but I haven't spoken to her in a week or so :D :D :D

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'd imagine it'd be Holly or Christine nowadays.:D I tried on that Pioneer too, Zero, and it seemed a bit bigger than a 36, but definitely not a 42. PL's absolutely right, though, it's a hefty hide.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I'd imagine it'd be Holly or Christine nowadays.:D I tried on that Pioneer too, Zero, and it seemed a bit bigger than a 36, but definitely not a 42. PL's absolutely right, though, it's a hefty hide.

Sloan, if I had an opportunity, as you did, to try on everything in my size, I would be in the Aero factory so long I would have to carry a sleeping bag with me. :D

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I just fashioned myself a very warm bed from the Thunder Bay, Irvin, Hudson and Northeaster! Needs must etc etc :D

Zero

New in Town
I just checked my email and apparently it was a rachel i was in contact with, whoops :eusa_doh:. Ahhh man that's unfortunate about the size/weight of the hide. Thanks a ton for the tips guys. I wish they still had the brown/reddish kudu leather, that stuff was soooo nice.

Zero

New in Town
Oh, and apparently there is another Kudu Pioneer now on Aero's for sale page. This one's the reddish brown variety in a size 42. So Sloan the Kudu jacket you tried on, was it the antique hide or the normal reddish/brown hide???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24