Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Premium Slim Fit 1930's Half Belt

Edward

Bartender
Cooperson, thanks, that's really useful. It seems this is a fairly straight up and down pattern, but not boxy as (say) the Highwayman. Seems consistent with the few 20s jackets I've seen. Typically I need 48" in the chest of a jacket, to accomodate my shoulders. I have less chest to waist drop currently than I will have this time next year, though I'm not looking for anything too tight fitting (to be frank, most period shots I've seen suggest most people didn't wear 'em as tight as I think is often fashionable in vintageworld). I might be able to size up. Looks like a trip up to Gala will be sensible.

Edward

Bartender
Maybe, but I'll wager the armholes feel higher and smaller if you don a jacket that is two sizes too small for you.

The proportion would also be well out if you downsized like that too. Sleeves too short, body length wrong, and such. Bit like when some folks used to try to get a slimfit highwayman by asking forvone two sizes smaller, only to have it look like a boxy jacket that was too small. May well have started with a downsized version of the original, but I should think there's been a lot of tweakin since.

Vinny A

New in Town
But Edward, isn't downsizing by 2 the current Thurston Bros advice for customers seeking a regular highwayman?

Cooperson

One Too Many
Sorry can't agree that this jacket is just downsized by 2. The armholes are definitly cut a higher, the sleeves are slimmer but the shoulders, sleeve length and back length are spot on for a 40" jacket.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Was one of my keepers but sadly I no longer have the trim frame to wear it in comfort. Just placed in the Classifieds.
CE1B3F8C-8868-4041-A871-2EC0986B088C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo