• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

New Arrival: Aero A-2 oil pull

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by smoz, Mar 26, 2012.

1. smoz

smoz Familiar Face

This morning I received a new Aero jacket, this one is an A-2 42-15142-P in oil pull with dark berry knits. I don't want to irk the A-2 purists, I wasn't after an accurate reproduction of an original, I just wanted something well made, good looking and a classic style which is exactly what I received. Following Jan Solo's advice I went for an Aero zipper rather than the talon one, I also had an inside pocket added for a mobile phone.

I am very please with this jacket, the leather is very smooth and has a wonderful grain to it, I have been wearing it around the house this morning, it is a great fit and very comfortable. This is my second Aero jacket, the other is a Highwayman in Cordovan with Harris Tweed lining. As always, Amanda at Aero has been very helpful (and patient) when dealing with my enquiries, I am a rather indecisive customer who changed his mind many times since placing the initial order. The jacket was made by Edith.

Here's a few pictures for you to feast your eyes upon (pictures taken indoors, natural light with no flash):

2. Otter

Otter One Too Many

Very nice looking jacket!
  3. smoz

smoz Familiar Face

Inside pocket:

4. bretron

bretron One Too Many

+1! Hell of a nice hide! Now, how bout a fit pic ;)
  5. smoz

smoz Familiar Face

Eventually, will wait until I have worn it in a little (even though while it is still brand new it is very supple).
  6. Edward

Edward Bartender

Looks great. I like the inside pocket - very subtle, and entirely in-keeping with the sort of personalised mod that could easily have been done back in the day. Good looking hide.
  7. Aerojoe

Aerojoe Practically Family

Looks nice! :)

I did the same with my Aero Bronco order (waiting yet). I double lined, added 2 inner pockets and requested an Aero zipper, european arrangement.
  8. Returningson

Returningson New in Town

yes, I love that hide. I saw an Indy Wested did in an oil pul hide and loved it but this blows that out of the water!
  9. Phantomfixer

Phantomfixer Practically Family

totally digging the epaulette shot! Great looking jacket.
  10. ButteMT61

ButteMT61 I'll Lock Up

Nice jacket! That is sweet, and I was skeptical of the inside pocket, but it's kinda neat too. Don't think I'd do that but I do love the hide. Someone in 100 years will be selling to on MarsBay for $6000 Earth Dollars because it will never wear out lol
  11. Sir Jacket

Sir Jacket Practically Family

Lovely. Is that really oil pull? So much lighter and redder than mine.
  12. smoz

smoz Familiar Face

The leather is a little darker than shown in the photographs, and a little more brown/less red.
  13. Cole

Cole One of the Regulars

That is a very nice jacket. How about some "fit pictures"? ;)
  14. GriffDeLaGriff

GriffDeLaGriff One Too Many

Great jacket. Looks like the old oilpull?
  15. smoz

smoz Familiar Face

I don't know, I assume it's the new oil pull as it is a new jacket though I suppose Aero may have stock of the old stuff. Do you know if there is an easy way to tell?
  16. Bolt

Bolt New in Town

wonderful jacket!! Congratulations to this nice piece :)
  17. GriffDeLaGriff

GriffDeLaGriff One Too Many

From the samples I got:
    Old one: Red/brown, more like midweight.
    New one: Dark chocolate, thick and more suedy.

From how mine looks, your look the same. Like the old one.
    This would also be consistent with what they use in their A2´s

This picture is not a good picture of the color of my jacket, it is more red, but see the difference against the normal brown FQHH:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  18. smoz

smoz Familiar Face

A couple of people have asked me to put up some fit pics so here are a few, they aren't particularly good photos as they were done on a self timer but I think they are good enough to give a decent idea of the fit:

19. Klemmi

Klemmi New in Town

Is OilPullLeather thicker, as the standart midweight leather, used in the Aero A2's?
  20. CeeDee

CeeDee New in Town

Jacket looks great on you! Congratulations!