Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Bond Film - Quantum Of Solace

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Dagwood said:
While he will never get Vespa back, he can seek a little solace from killing the bad guys.

Sorry for my pedantry.

Vespa is a scooter. Italian, made popular by mods and funny by Izzard.

Vesper is the character.

I just keep having thoughts of him being distraught over the loss of a scooter.

Dagwood

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:

I would be. :) You should have seen me after my bike got stolen (granted I was a young lad, but still...)

Feraud

Bartender
Miss Neecerie said:
At least that is original. :rolleyes:

This getting revenge for a lost love angle is sounder lamer and lamer!
Maybe I am the only one but does anyone see this as a tried and true yet utterly unoriginal and boring premise??

We complain high and low about movies that are remade but what about a decent enough short story (perhaps not great) being totally changed to fit into what is strictly a continuation of terribly dead franchise. Is no story sacred? :(

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
SamMarlowPI said:
i do believe Tracy was the love of his life...reference: OHMSS

And she died, too! And he sought revenge...deja vu anyone? I'm still excited about the movie anyway.

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
My husband and I like the fresh start thing, but he and I both wish it had been done in the right time frame. This is supposed to be at the start of Bond's career, but you have to completely ignore the other movies because this is a modern setting. It would be so much more interesting to see the right clothing (for me anyway).

I did like the setting for the last one. I have a friend from Montenegro.

Corto

A-List Customer
That is my absolute FAVORITE Bond story ever.
Awesome.
Can't wait to see what they do with it, which probably won't be much.

It'll probably be like Octopussy's relationship to the short story of that same name. So don't worry folks. It won't be a sappy love story. I must say though, I'm all for the Bond franchise moving out of the typical cookie-cutter action mold. It's been done to death. I'm ready for something different.

Synopsis and some of the Quantum of Solace short story spoilers below:

("Quantum" is my favorite Bond story because it's the most un-Bond-like story that Fleming wrote. It's simply about JB having a drink with a FCO diplomat (after blowing up some Commie's yacht) who tells him a story about an adulterous love affair of a colleague's wife and the perpetrator's comeuppance. The best part is JB's reaction to the tale. After reading all the Bond novels, this short story only added depth to JB's character- which is why I thought it was great.)

Jovan

Suspended
NoirDame: Craig's Bond is not the same one from the previous movies, it's a whole new universe of events. That's why everything is from 2006... it takes place the same year the film is released. Kind of like the early Bond movies before Roger Moore took it to silly and unnecessary boner-joke proportions.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
lol Ha Ha! lol

Seriously? Quantum of Solace? Sounds like the title of a Genisis album.

I can't wait for the Austin Powers version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic