Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Eastman Leather Clothing "Escape" A-2

HPA Rep

Vendor
Gary Eastman released the following high-res. images in cropped form so you can see the Hilts A-2 in good detail, and better than any images floating around on the internet. This is a classic, re-dyed A-2 with all the hallmarks of such an A-2. Please note even the zipper tape is stained by dye in some areas, while other parts of it are still brown, and the jacket has the streaky look of the depot re-dye.

You can also see where a previous name tag was once located below where the Hilts name tag is. Please enjoy!
12651223_10206520250818170_5619251961675167006_n.jpg
12615342_10206520242937973_135486794705300366_o.jpg

Stand By

One Too Many
And I have to say, that blue sweatshirt always looked so great with that A2. That with the khaki chinos and the rough-out boots. A perfect and simple ensemble if you ask me.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Ps. how certain are you this is the original Liner and tag with this Jacket...theres a lot of goons out there mucking around in that dept. If this thing was as used as it was...You would think the props dept might have worked on it a little. If you ask me Im not settling on contract or maker unless there is proof that liner is the correct and original one itself. I mean, If one is going to get absolutely Arbitrary about it.

But then again, Im far from an Expert...like from here to about Jupiter and back far.

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And I have to say, that blue sweatshirt always looked so great with that A2. That with the khaki chinos and the rough-out boots. A perfect and simple ensemble if you ask me.

Yes perfect :) Now thinking about getting my ELC RW A2 redyed.

devilish

A-List Customer
I did my own re-dye on a very early light russet GW. It was a fun project. I didn't go quite as messy as a QM Depot job though.
As for the Eastman jacket, why not? It will be quality and it generates great interest.

John Lever

One Too Many
I like the look of that A2 and I have no interest in McQueen. Just a nice looking jacket, perhaps it's the re-dye. Only problem: The name tag. I wonder if you can get it without. I guess it's part of the package. Does anyone else do A2's with that finish?
Buzz Rickson's have been offering over dyed A2's for some time, also double coating sheepskins to replicate redskin being re coated to seal finish.

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
Does anybody know of a reputable
Company that can re-dye and time worn finish an A-2 like this? I have a fantastic GW monarch in a light russet horsehide but would really prefer it re-dyed in a seal brown. I think it would look fantastic if finished in the same way as Eastman does it. I would prefer it if John Chaplan would do it himself but he's way too busy to take on such after market resale work. I'm pretty nervous about sending it off too as I love the jacket. Just want it darker to make it perfect. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran