Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New fake Bomber

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
img0024pgl.jpg
This is my new fake Bomber Jacket. The Wilson's leather store at the outlet mall was closing and getting rid of all stock cheap, I got it for $90. It's pigskin and fake wool. I like the look of it and it's a good warm jacket, it's got a zip off hood. I wanted a real Bomber but I decided that it's not smart to pay around $1000 for a jacket that I will only wear 4 times a year. With this one I can wear it to work and not have to worry about ruining an expensive jacket. I spent the money on a Highwayman that I can wear almost all year here (I live in mA). One thing I want to try to do is make the leather softer, now it's hard and cheap feeling. Anyone have any recommendations for products to soften the leather w/out altering the appearance to much?

Last edited:

Metatron

One Too Many
You can try just wearing it around the house to break it in, and/or apply some Pecards leather dressing. In fact I think it will make your jacket look a bit less dry and distressed, and make the colour richer. It's a one off thing, you most likely won't need to reapply except in the distant future.

spike42

New in Town
Hey, I'm in MA as well (North Central to be exact). Sure been cold enough lately! Nice snag for $90 on the Wilson, and you even get to try it on prior
to purchase (unlike my ebay attempts at trying to find something that fits). Lookin' good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner