Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Gus Miller Custom "Bogart"

Boris K

One of the Regulars

MK said:
The ribbon was black. I was referring to the sweatband inside the hat.

Great price!

Ahh, I see (I'm not reading well today). So when you referred to the "sweatband" you meant sweatband, not ribbon... DOH!

Boris K

One of the Regulars

cookie said:
Getting a wrap from the maestro is something you would treasure. Wonder if he gave him a song or two for his pleasure?

Possibly, there are photos of the famous in the store, including a playbill of Pavarotti's.

Boodles

A-List Customer
Nice Bogart replica with a very nice hand bash. It's interesting how fussy many of us are about getting the bash just so when compared with the occasional lumpy bash I see if I look carefully at Bogart's hat, especailly when viewing a good quality DVD.

Boris K

One of the Regulars

Boodles said:
Nice Bogart replica with a very nice hand bash. It's interesting how fussy many of us are about getting the bash just so when compared with the occasional lumpy bash I see if I look carefully at Bogart's hat, especailly when viewing a good quality DVD.

Good observation, Boodles. I noticed that as well and that the bash and brim positions change from scene to scene. Gus told me that in the old days guys would just grab the top sides and squeeze.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Spellflower said:
I think that Gus is going to be a very busy man in the next few months, provided that is that you post contact info. Does he have a website?

I couldn't find any contact info for him either. This hat he made for you is a beaut'! You must be very proud! I'd be interested in getting one... :)

Boris K

One of the Regulars

Spellflower said:
I think that Gus is going to be a very busy man in the next few months, provided that is that you post contact info. Does he have a website?

No website, Gus is an old school businessman ;)

The information is:

Batsakes Hat Shop
1 West 6th Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
(513) 721-9345
Gus Miller, Proprietor

Boris K

One of the Regulars

mike said:
I couldn't find any contact info for him either. This hat he made for you is a beaut'! You must be very proud! I'd be interested in getting one... :)

If anyone wants a hat like this, he still has the information sheet with images I gave him. If for some reason he didn't keep it, let me know and I'll run it down to him for you.

Jay

Practically Family
That is one terrific looking hat. I must say that is a dead ringer for Bogies. Spot on. Gus did a wonderful job. Boy am I jealous.

Boris K

One of the Regulars

Edward said:
Gorgeous hat, and a stunning price for a custom....

Thanks again to everyone's nice comments. It seems as though this hat works well as the "Maltese Falcon" hat - I'm very pleased.

I'll try to take some pics outside and also wearing it this week.

Boris K

One of the Regulars

MK said:
Very nice! The profile is great. The front view is more tapered than the one in the film. It is hard to tell with the flash....but the color looks right. I would love to see it shot in daylight with other things in frame to get an idea of color reference. I don't care for the black sweatband though. Back in the day they were almost all brown. What does Gus charge for such a lid?

I agree that you must post a photo of it on your head. Well done!

As requested, here are a few pics taken in daylight, actually nearing twilight, with no camera flash. I added a Coke can for additional color reference. I'll post images of my wearing it when I have a chance to take a few decent shots.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Gus_7_sm.jpg

Left side, with hat between light source and the camera

Gus_8_sm.jpg

Right side, with light source behind the camera

Gus_9_sm.jpg

Front view,light source behind the camera and less taper than before

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou