Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Half Belt from Aero

Gambetto

Familiar Face
Do you think the jacket is too short in back? It's 25".

The arms are 26".

newjacket3.jpg

newjacket7.jpg

newjacket4.jpg

newjacket2.jpg

newjacket8.jpg

J1.jpg

Last edited:

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Looks ok to me. Maybe an inch more would be not too bad, but from what I know, the cut is correct for you. I could imagine it will sag a bit when broken in. Nice jacket!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
It's ok but I would have it 1 or 1.5 inches longer. I like a jacket to be an inch over my belt. In mid- rise jeans.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
No, it's not too short. The length is perfect. Remember this is a 1930s style that is meant to be short. Even with your jeans that have a lower rise than would be optimum it still looks good. Wear high waisted trousers and it looks perfect. :)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Rudie, I like vintage gear but it is 2012. As I said, you can get away with it. But wearing a museum piece isn't everyone's idea of the best application of a vintage idea.I like the design but I also believe in making a classic item your own, so for me it's still a bit too short.

Last edited:

Metatron

One Too Many
Looks fine, if I'm not mistaken you aren't wearing a belt? Your trousers would probably normally be sitting slightly higher. Even so, as it is it almost covers your belt hoops.

wdw

One Too Many
What height are you? I've just ordered a 26" Highwayman and wanted it to sit nearer my jeans pockets.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I think the length of the back is fine, but I would be concerned about the sleeves. They are just long enough right now (and many like them longer) and my understanding is that they will shorten as the horsehide creases and shrinks slightly upward.

Cooperson

One Too Many
As others have said, the 30's halfbelt is a short style so in that regard the length is right for the period - nice even color hide too.

Jacket length is a personal thing though - the big question is, are you comfortable with it?

D

Deleted member 16736

Vintage halfbelts are generally 1" shorter on the back length than on the sleeve length. You're used to a longer back length because modern jackets are longer in the back. It looks just right to me. Also, vintage trousers were worn higher than your jeans are sitting. Wear it a while and let the leather relax and I think you'll be very happy with your purchase. It fits properly. Enjoy it.

Davo

New in Town
The jacket looks nice to me.

Do you mind answering a fit question for me? I recently sent my measurements to Aero and they suggested a jacket that is one size larger than I would usually wear. It was also a 30s slim fit half-belt. Does this sound wright to you?

Thanks for your help.

Edward

Bartender
The jacket looks nice to me.

Do you mind answering a fit question for me? I recently sent my measurements to Aero and they suggested a jacket that is one size larger than I would usually wear. It was also a 30s slim fit half-belt. Does this sound wright to you?

Thanks for your help.

It's a markedly tighter jacket than almost any other Aero. Mine has four inches or so less in the waist than my Highwayman, both same label size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24