Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Jacket....Aero Cossack

jack miranda

A-List Customer
I can only say 'Amen!' to everyone else's raves

about your new jacket, Quake. A seal brown goat half-belt from Aero is a treasure. Yours looks magnificent. Thanks for the pics and specs. :eusa_clap

Rawky

One of the Regulars
Aww man! Ever since I'v joined this forum my list of Wanted Leather Jackets is going up and up.

Highwayman
A2
Cossack
Cafe Racer

I'm gonna be stoney broke :(

Aether

One of the Regulars
Beautiful jacket Quake. I love the wine rayon against the goat, it's a fantastic combination! Perfect fit too.

Damn you Aero, why are you so good? My wallet (and wife) hate you.:eusa_doh:

holdencain

One of the Regulars
Quake,

Couple questions:
Does the Cossack have the same length for front and back?
What is the sleeve length? Did you specify?
Are the cuffs fairly comfortable buttoned? Room to wear a watch ?
Thanks,
H

Holdencain,

The Cossack has the same length front and back, I specified a sleeve length of 35" from the centre of my neck at the point of where the collar joins my shirts across the shoulders round the elbow to the end of my average shirt sleeve cuff with my arm bent. Aero did the rest.

Sorry I do not wear a watch...I have skinny wrists so I find watches always catching on cloths and the equipment I am working on. I guess a watch would be fine as long as you don’t have fore arms like Popeye the Sailor.

5031856309_9e34df160b_m.jpg

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Wow - that is a beautiful jacket and a great fitting one to boot! Great choice! How thick is the goatskin comapred to Cow or Horse?

I am really looking forward to the colder weather so I can finally wear my new Aero (got the darned thing in May!)

Congrats, and enjoy it!

- Jim

Laynew484

New in Town
Beautiful jacket. What made you decide on goat over cow or horse? I have a jacket on order from John Chapman's company Goodwear Leather. I ordered a "California Ventura" in horse back in September of 2010. I am considering cancelling and ordering a jacket similar to yours.
Layne

Beautiful jacket. What made you decide on goat over cow or horse? I have a jacket on order from John Chapman's company Goodwear Leather. I ordered a "California Ventura" in horse back in September of 2010. I am considering cancelling and ordering a jacket similar to yours.
Layne

Sorry for the late reply, we have been busy moving from our earthquake damaged home in New Zealand to our new home in Sweden.

I wanted a jacket that was not as heavy as the horse hide but just as hard-wearing. I received samples of all Aero's lighter horse and the goat. I went with the goat after seeing Jan Solos heavy goat jacket. I found the goat takes a while to break in, keeps its' colour and does not wear like horse or steer, stays looking newer for longer.

The only issue I have is with the rayon lining which has shown wear around the collar with a couple of small holes.

Laynew484

New in Town
No worries, I just ordered a "JanSolo" 1930's Halfbelt in goat skin from Amanda today! I went with the brown cotton drill liner. I was quoted 14 to 16 weeks. We'll see how long it takes. Fingers crossed! Thanks for your help.
Layne

Counterreset

New in Town
The only issue I have is with the rayon lining which has shown wear around the collar with a couple of small holes.

I am curious: do you think that the added ease of wear-ability that the satin overlay provides is worth having over only doing the sleeves? Also, being that they don't have the Gabardine anymore, I was thinking this would be a nice alternative.

zaman fu

Familiar Face
Counterreset: I would pass on the satin overlay. I have a wool tartan lining with the super-tough cotton drill for the sleeve lining (which is standard), and it is super-easy getting in and out of the jacket.

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
Aww man! Ever since I'v joined this forum my list of Wanted Leather Jackets is going up and up.

Highwayman
A2
Cossack
Cafe Racer

I'm gonna be stoney broke :(

I've been working on my list, too! My problem is I can never quite get my budget lined up with a reasonable time to order a jacket. I'd love for it to arrive in the fall, but I always find something better to do with my cash when summer rolls around.

No worries, I just ordered a "JanSolo" 1930's Halfbelt in goat skin from Amanda today! I went with the brown cotton drill liner. I was quoted 14 to 16 weeks. We'll see how long it takes. Fingers crossed! Thanks for your help.
Layne

And most of the jackets on my wish list are JanSolo Specials. Jan, I hope you're getting some sort of kick back! :cool:

Counterreset

New in Town
Counterreset: I would pass on the satin overlay. I have a wool tartan lining with the super-tough cotton drill for the sleeve lining (which is standard), and it is super-easy getting in and out of the jacket.

Wool is a no go for me as I live in a warmer climate. Are you passing on it as it isn't holding up well? or other reasons as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy