Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Langlitz Cascade

tblay

One of the Regulars
Took delivery of my new Langlitz Cascade in Dark Brown Goat. Took a couple quick photos, just to show front fit and color and grain of the hide.

I asked for .5" extra length in the front, and I sure do wish I'd asked for a whole inch, if not more than that. However, this one is not as egregiously short as my previous Langlitz, which, when zipped, nearly stopped at my navel. These jeans also sit low on the hip, so it's a little misleading.

Anyway, this DB Goat also has a much nicer feel than the Light Brown, and I'm hoping, with wear, it'll relax down at least another .25". Every single other detail and fit area are perfect for me for riding and/or walking around town.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    323 KB · Views: 2,678
  • rsz_img_4179.jpg
    rsz_img_4179.jpg
    860.3 KB · Views: 864
  • rsz_1rsz_img_4178.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_img_4178.jpg
    705.2 KB · Views: 909
Awesome jacket, perfect fit! I think the body length is exactly where it should be... Really nice man...solid glove too

tblay

One of the Regulars
Awesome jacket, perfect fit! I think the body length is exactly where it should be... Really nice man...solid glove too

Haha. Thanks! I've had that Nacona glove for years and years. Kangaroo. In spite of my unyielding love of jackets, it's probably my favorite piece of leather that I own.

Good looking jacket !

Thanks!

technovox

One Too Many
Nice looking jacket. These days, I'm really admiring the Langlitz Cascades...such an iconic jacket considering how long they've been around. Most of the Cascades that I see for sale always seem much too long, so it's refreshing to see that there are shorter ones. Looks like this one fits you just about right. Any pics of the back?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm assuming as its a langlitz, that it's a riding jacket? If so, that length should be fine imo.
That grain looks very different to the (admittedly only 1) goat jacket I've seen.

Great jacket though. Love the forearm pocket! .....no quilted shoulder or elbow pads? Did you get armour pockets?

tblay

One of the Regulars
Thanks, guys!

Nice looking jacket. These days, I'm really admiring the Langlitz Cascades...such an iconic jacket considering how long they've been around. Most of the Cascades that I see for sale always seem much too long, so it's refreshing to see that there are shorter ones. Looks like this one fits you just about right. Any pics of the back?

They pretty much mandate that the Cascade be short, mainly because it's intended for riding and a riding jacket can't go past the hips. If you look at the vintage photo of the Cascade, you can see it hits right at the waist for both the guy and call. For those wanting a longer fit, they recommend their Crescent model.

I'm assuming as its a langlitz, that it's a riding jacket? If so, that length should be fine imo.
That grain looks very different to the (admittedly only 1) goat jacket I've seen.

Great jacket though. Love the forearm pocket! .....no quilted shoulder or elbow pads? Did you get armour pockets?

It is indeed for riding, although I'll also use it casually. I had another jacket with quilted pads, but they seemed to add a lot of weight for the amount of protection they promised. Of course, it's subjective, but I feel like, if you want impact protection, best to get armor, and, for abrasion resistance, leather does the trick. I've been riding without armor for many years, including much time spent living in Houston, where it was so hot in the summer that I rode in denim and a t-shirt, even on the highway. It was definitely a risk, but the dizziness and dehydration caused by the heat in combination with a jacket seemed a risk also.

At this point, I basically just putz around town. No "spirited" riding. I asked Langlitz once about building in armor pockets, and they said, basically, "Sorry. We don't do that." Their rationale is that armor requires a skin tight fit and "they just don't do that." They're a very vintage-minded company and like to keep it that way, so it's no surprise they won't venture into newer riding technology. If I was doing a lot of high speed riding, I'd probably buy an armored jacket just for that.

I like the forearm pocket too! My bike key on the split ring fits perfectly in there, and then it isn't in my pants pocket, jabbing me in the leg.

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
Great jacket and fit. Looks like it will be perfect on the bike. It's always hard for a true bike jacket to be equally good for casual wear, it's always a bit of a compromise.

tblay

One of the Regulars
Beauties (including the A-2, of course)! It's interesting that the Bloodline Nokonas don't have the Native American image on them. Seems like all their other "lines" feature that image. I played 2B in high school and then realized I wasn't good enough to play in college.

Absolutely the best glove I've ever owned!

pawineguy

One Too Many
Beauties (including the A-2, of course)! It's interesting that the Bloodline Nokonas don't have the Native American image on them. Seems like all their other "lines" feature that image. I played 2B in high school and then realized I wasn't good enough to play in college.

Absolutely the best glove I've ever owned!

It's a shame most people have never heard of them. They have removed the Native American image from almost all the lines this year. I'll never have to buy another glove.

tblay

One of the Regulars
Definitely a shame they're not more popular. A perfect glove, really. I didn't realize they'd taken the NA image off most of the lines. When I lived in Texas, I thought about visiting their small manufacturing location, but it was maybe 5 or 6 hours north of me, Texas being bigger than several continents and all. Glad you've gotten good use out of yours.

53Effie

A-List Customer
I agree. I've had my goatskin Cascade for about 4 years. Very similar fit and it tends to be my main riding jacket. I am very happy with it. I'll probably leave it to one of my sons or a grandson when I can no longer use it. Can't imagine selling it.

tblay

One of the Regulars
My goatskin Cascade fits the same, just covers my belt buckle. Its been my main riding jacket for decades. Ill never sell it.

Any recent photos? I love seeing Cascades that have been put to really good use over the years! I wouldn't sell that puppy either.

I agree. I've had my goatskin Cascade for about 4 years. Very similar fit and it tends to be my main riding jacket. I am very happy with it. I'll probably leave it to one of my sons or a grandson when I can no longer use it. Can't imagine selling it.

Really glad to hear about these good riding experiences with the Cascade. Love the idea of handing it down to future generations!

Ride safe but have fun, guys.

tblay

One of the Regulars
What a beaut! How have you liked the straight zip? Langlitz always seems so dead set against it in the Cascade. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran