• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

New Member to the Hat Forum

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Hats Matter, Sep 8, 2016.

1. VinhatFancier

VinhatFancier New in Town

Thanks appreciate the welcome.

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  2. Hello fellow kapelophiles (is that word even official?). My name is Alex and I signed up on here years ago after buying my first two fedoras but neglected to follow up with it. I hope to be more active from now on as my hat selection grows! I love a lot of the tips that I've gotten on here so far.

3. Welcome (back). Looking forward to seeing more of you.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

4. Kevin Rodgers

Kevin Rodgers New in Town

Howdy everyone, name is Kevin, hailing from the evergreen state. Been lurking here a while, checking out every ones hats. Got a locally hand made tweed cap this spring, which led to my first new Stetson straw this summer. Now that I'm enamoured of quality hats there's no turning back. Looking to procure my first good felt in the next month or two. Been enjoying everyone's vast hat knowledge, and will continue to do so a bit more conspicuously in the future.

5. dive in (-:

Kevin Rodgers likes this.
  6. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

Welcome,you're in a great area for custom hatters as the hat disease becomes stronger.;)

Kevin Rodgers likes this.
  7. Ordered my first Fedora via Amazon Friday.... Chatham Royal - Caribou. Can hardly wait!

8. Pile right in here

9. Make sure you give a review and post photos, including photos of you wearing it. I find photos not on the head to be of limited value.

Welcome to the ever-changing world of Stetson. I'm sure you'll enjoy the hat!

scottyrocks likes this.
  10. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

+1

11. Perry Underwood

Perry Underwood New in Town

My name is Perry. For the last 16 years, I have lived and worked in Taiwan. I am originally from the US. Currently, I'm waiting for a hat from Texas (my birth state), purchased on eBay earlier this week. It will probably be delivered on Tuesday. I'll write a review after it arrives.

Attached Files:

12. Welcome to the party. This place is a wealth of hat knowledge. Looking forward to your contributions.

13. Caribou is a great color.

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  14. Perry Underwood

Perry Underwood New in Town

I've posted photos and brief descriptions of two Amish hats I recently purchased. Please visit the "Post Your New Hats Here!" thread.

Bob Roberts, hatsRme and KarlCrow like this.
  15. Welcome Perry. Hint...
    Watch yer language! No profanity allowed.

KarlCrow likes this.
  16. The hell you say!

RJR and Bob Roberts like this.
  17. bearinfedora

bearinfedora New in Town

18. mmbarnes

mmbarnes My Mail is Forwarded Here

Welcome, Bear.
    eBay is a great place to find stuff.

bearinfedora likes this.
  19. Take a look at the akubra campdraft on 'everyting australian' website, comes in cheaper than the Stetson even with shipping, take about 10 days in the post. Make sure you choose an available colour. Akubras 'tend' to arrive a bit large and shrink to size after you sweat a bit. You can ask them to prebash a crease or get it open crown. There's a few akubra threads and campdraft threads here. It's a similar hat to a strat. There's also a crease bashing thread or two. When searching this forum using Google is handy, just start the query with 'fedora lounge'. welcome to the lounge.

bearinfedora likes this.
  20. bearinfedora

bearinfedora New in Town

Thanks guys. I don't have problem with buying outside of EU. It is taxman I am worried about. 24% of value to their pockets they demand.