Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New teamster ... Perfect

wdw

One Too Many
Great looking jacket, Fanch. Even better that you're able to wear it to work and get more use out of it.

Mind you, you've only had it five minutes and now you're agonising over the next one...:) Are you tempted by Insurrection's quick turnaround to knock 4 or 5 months off the wait?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Bedding in beautifully, Fanch. You've the got fit absolutely perfect. I can really recommend the russet goat, btw, the pebbling on the hide is fantastic.

Sloan, I used to have an Aero russet goatskin A-2 Bronco, and you are correct regarding the pebbling. I think that Aero's goatskin is veg tanned that produces "character" over time, as opposed to the chrome tanned goat that seems not to age at all.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Fanch,

Love the jacket....thinking of going the teamster myself. How do you find the FQHH suits it? Would a lighter hide work as well? Thinking Goat or Mid weight horse...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Hey Fanch,

Love the jacket....thinking of going the teamster myself. How do you find the FQHH suits it? Would a lighter hide work as well? Thinking Goat or Mid weight horse...

I suppose there might be variation from one batch to another but don't perceive this jacket to be all that heavy and don't really notice it while wearing it. There is something magic about Aero's Horween brown FQHH that I am unable to convey. However, I see no reason why goat or MWHH shouldn't work as well as FQHH.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Cracking jacket Fanch!

That is going to give you a LOT of pleasure for years and years to come.

Best,

Tim

schitzo

Suspended
Hey Fanch,

Jackets with the bigger panels aren't available in goat on account of the goat hides not being big enough. I dunno if this'd apply to the teamster, but I guess if yours is a big size that aint gonna help your chances

Fanch, I was watching the inaugural races at the new "Circuit of the Americas" track and wondered if you would have some morning jacket weather still left! The piece looks great, and I think you have quite a nice collection going now! It's nice when you finally (after many tries) get the sizing down. All that's left is to break them - and I hope you enjoy doing so.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Butte, we are circling the drain on any leather jacket being worn here until October. The dog days of a hot, dry Texas summer are almost here. :flame:

ProteinNerd

Jackets with the bigger panels aren't available in goat on account of the goat hides not being big enough. I dunno if this'd apply to the teamster, but I guess if yours is a big size that aint gonna help your chances

I'm a size 40/42 depending on the cut so I don't really consider myself "big".
I had seen a goat teamster from another thread :

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?62776-Aero-Teamster-in-Goat

While I prefer the more classic styling like Fanch's, the colour etc looks nice.

I do really like the brown FQHH version but as I already have a brown FQHH Cafe Racer, I can only really justify the expense if the jacket is "different" enough to the ones i own warrant buying another.

ProteinNerd

Ok, So I'm in the process of ordering my teamster.

Just wondering if current owners could give me an idea of measurements of the different sizes please?

I know a 38 has 19" shoulders and a 40 has 19.5" shoulders, wondering about pit to pits measurements.

I really don't know if I can wear a 19" shoulder comfortably, 19.5" would probably be ok. My smallest jacket has 19.5" shoulders and I don't usually wear anything under it except a T-shirt. Considering this will be a colder weather coat and I will often be wearing layers under it, I'm concerned it will be too tight. Carrie at insurrection has recommended the 19" shoulders as it has an action back. I'm a bit of a gym nut and hold more size in my upper body than my legs for my height and weight, insurrection seem to be going off that primarily.

Dont get me wrong, I like slim, well fitting clothes, but there is a point where they are just too small and constricting. I've already had to send back an AL jacket due to it being too small in the shoulders and I don't want to have to do it again.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I would tend to go with Carrie's recommendation. If you don't want a snug fit at the chest and shoulders, relay your preference for fit to her. Keep in mind that Carrie and Wade are professionals regarding sizing and would be able to provide more accurate sizing information to your specific needs than FL members.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo