Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New teamster ... Perfect

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The "long and winding road" for my Teamster came to fruition today as the much anticipated jacket was delivered. After torturing Holly and others at Aero for months trying to nail down specifics, I couldn't possibly be more pleased. In the past, I have always been able to find at least one aspect of a jacket just received on which something might have been improved, but not with this jacket.

My earlier black vintage Highwayman was a 44 long and maybe a bit on the large size but OK for me. I can handle a large fit but not a jacket that is too tight. This 42 brown FQHH Teamster is a perfect fit, even with a flannel shirt underneath. I wanted something that I could wear to the office with dress shirt, tie, and slacks, but something that could also be worn with jeans too. This one fills the bill.

As a point of reference, I am 6'1" and change. I am built more or less like a stick, with 42" chest and 37" waist, but have very long arms. The sleeves on the Teamster are 27.5" and a 28.5" back length. I selected moleskin lining, which is a very dense weave that doesn't necessitate a cord hem lining. Ken had recommended a size 42 rather than 44 and "football" buttons for ease of use.

I would like to express my gratitude to Holly for patiently answering my continuous string of questions, as well as others at Aero that also provided invaluable assistance in obtaining the perfect jacket for me. I am also indebted to several FL members, including dav, wdw, sloan, and schitzo, without whose input I would still be floundering with indecision.

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended
what a lovely length that is I'm pleased for you buddy. Now you can get on with committing to the break in, and forget all about plans for buying any more! :D

Peacoat

Bartender
Nice jacket and a good fit. If you get ambitious, you might get a couple of pics outside in the bright Texas sun (I know and love it so well), as the inside pics are a bit dark.

What weight HH did you get? PC.

Looks really really good - agree on the lighting - I'm sure it looks 10x better outside. Congrats! And post up some lighter shots. That has to look spectacular - the fit seems perfect for you.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Today it is a bit chilly outside in N Texas and couldn't talk my wife into going outside. I apologize for the sub par photos but will follow with more at a later time. I think this is 3 oz. FQHH but "feels" a bit thinner and less stiff than the black vintage of my Highwayman. The brown FQHH feels slightly waxy and moist when compared to the somewhat dry black vintage, if that makes any sense. The color of this brown FQHH is simply outstanding. I think the break in will be relatively easy.

wdw

One Too Many
That looks fantastic, Fanch, with perfect sleeve length, so looks as good as you can possibly get. Such a long wait, but now worth it as you honestly couldn't get any better. A much better choice than the CR you originally ordered. You're right about the feel of the regular FQHH compared to vintage, it's not as dry and I think "feels" somehow slightly nicer.

Wear it with pride and wear it often.

OH yeah, that's lovely Fanch. Can not wait to see that breaking in. Reminds me a little of the HBD I got - shiny and stiff (it was cold) but I wore it in rain and soaked it a few times. I'm digging buttons now. Nice that they are doing the heavy hides with them as I've heard it's a bit of a bear to do.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic looking jacket, Fanch, and a great length. Well worth the wait! Can we get some liner shots as well? Now the million dollar question: you've seen the new designs, now which one is going to be your next order...?

frussell

One Too Many
Looks excellent, Fanch. I am also waiting for your "in the sun photos." Glad it came out so well for you. You make the Teamster look classy, while nearly any leather jacket on me makes me look like I'm there to collect a debt with a blunt object to the knees. Get that thing out in the light, where we can see the marbling and such. I'd trade weather with you in a flash, long pants are uncomfortable here, and we won't see cool weather until October or November. Frank

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic looking jacket, Fanch, and a great length. Well worth the wait! Can we get some liner shots as well? Now the million dollar question: you've seen the new designs, now which one is going to be your next order...?

The moleskin lining doesn't show up all that well but is very dark brown and very densely woven so that a cord hem at the bottom should be unnecessary. I have a couple of Filson moleskin vests that wear well that heavily influenced my decision to go with that particular lining. The sleeves are lined with cotton drill rather than moleskin.

Your truly outstanding write up has provided much food for thought and have my next choice narrowed down to somewhere between 8-10 jackets. :bounce: Too many choices and, according to my wife, not enough closet space. :D I will say that I especially like the Aeromarine and the Dustbowl.

One vertical inside pocket without snap or zippered closure.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
That looks fantastic - the open inside pocket is a stroke of genius. I never button or zip my inside pockets to avoid them showing through.

Windward

Practically Family
Fanch, that a beauty ... seems that you've got a real nice and very dark brown FQHH ... like dark chocolate with a minimum of 70 percent cocao, right? :)

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Fantastic....nothing better than being totally satisfied with a decent sized purchase....congratulations..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner