Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New to the lounge, wanted to say hi!

Richard Allen Crook

New in Town
Hey all,

Longtime lurker, fellow connoisseur of all things vintage including Fedoras. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Since about 10 yrs old, (I am 37 now) I got started loving fedoras via Indiana Jones. I've owned many hats since then, starting with just about every close-to-Indy hat out there to other types of dress hats and the occasional rugged outdoorsy type. Never got into cowboy hats though. But hats are only the tip of the iceberg...I am drawn to the vintage styles of the 20s-40s and also anything outdoors. It's also hard to be in Dallas and simply head to a smoky jazz club and sit under my fedora with a cognac or glass of fine scotch and relax. That would be the ideal end to a day spent at the lake (or Cabelas). On my professional side, I own a video/TV/film production company and just joined with some other creative to start a 'boutique' advertising agency.

I am curious to see who else is around Dallas. If you're like me, you are a jazz loving fedora hat lover who is a fish out of water in country hat/music land.

With that, looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing some fun stuff. :)

High Regards!
Richard

I am curious to see who else is around Dallas. If you're like me, you are a jazz loving fedora hat lover who is a fish out of water in country hat/music land.

I'm not all that far from Dallas. Takes me only four or five hours to get there, via Boeing 737.

Seriously, though, Big D and environs is a pretty well settled place these days, ain't it? Something approaching seven million folks living 'round there, I hear. Surely there's gotta be at least a handful of kindred spirits in a bunch that size.

As for jazz, the University of North Texas in nearby Denton is known for its music school. All those budding professional musicians gotta be cutting their teeth in the clubs and such, or so I'd think. (Maybe I'm thinking wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.)

Good to have you here, Crook. I'm interested in hearing more about the advertising biz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner