Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Window Display's. Winter Theme.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
If it's okay, could you tell us something about the double breasted suit in the first photo below, and the single-breasted, peak lapel suit on the left side of the second photo? Perhaps we can talk about them in the Classifieds section?

NewWindowDisplays01-06016.jpg

NewWindowDisplays01-06009.jpg

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Very nice display. Very nice. The suits are gorgeous, and the whole shop looks like a dream.

I never would've guessed I'd put "a visit to Minneapolis" on my list of things to do when I sell my million dollar idea.

Now... back to working on that idea.

Marty M.

Vendor
Trip up north.

jake_fink said:
Very nice display. Very nice. The suits are gorgeous, and the whole shop looks like a dream.

I never would've guessed I'd put "a visit to Minneapolis" on my list of things to do when I sell my million dollar idea.

Now... back to working on that idea.

Thanks Jake, You might want to wait till April.

Marty

Marty M.

Vendor
Senator Jack said:
Again, Marty, your shops seems like a dream, and you really have to get an online store.

But I'm wondering, how many guys come in and then walk out like the mannequins? I see a lot of guys that have one nice piece but can't match it to anything else.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Hi Senator Jack, in answer to your question, very few guy's walk out with out shirt and tie combo's. Along with braces or belts, pocket squares, cuff links, socks and shoes. I make my money selling custom suits. But, the real fun part is when you pull the outfit together with accessories. Thanks buddy.

Marty

Marty M.

Vendor
Flitcraft, You have good eyes pal. I saw a cool picture of Adolphe Menjou wearing this same look (so I naturally copied it). The coat and vest are of the same fabric, a Super 120's Wool and Cashmere blend in Black. The trousers are a of a "Morning Suit" stripe. And the hat is a Coke (Derby) styel. It's a fun look that has gotten a lot of attention. But nobody's bellied up to the bar for it. Although, it did "umbrella" several sales of solid Black Flannel Suits. I'm attending the annual convention of Custom Tailors later in Feb. in Vegas, and I plan on wearing it there (it's my size).

Shindeco, thanks for the link. I love the fella's on the cruise display. I might try that on a smaller scale in one of my windows. Thanks again.

Marty

Marty M.

Vendor
Thanks a Bunch

Floatinjoe, You're welcome anytime pal.
Robert Conway, Thanks for your comment. I really do enjoy my lifestyle. As far as the armhole, I don't really like to high off an armhole. Yes I know that they can make the suit look super sweet, but they take a lot of getting used to. I make a medium high armhole. They're confortable and are still high enough that the whole coat does'nt lift up when you lift your arms. Thanks again.

Marty

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Very nice store and display, Marty. It is like looking at a true dream factory. And I really like the Bogart and Lorre screen cap from The Maltese Falcon.

Boulevardier

New in Town
What a great store Marty M! I particularly like placing the fishing lures in the lapels. Sans hooks I hope. I wish that I lived in Minnesota.......well, during summer. I have always hoped to be able to find a clothier with an enthusiasm for the 1930s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo