Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Year Resolution about leather jackets hobby

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
My goal for 2024 is to, 1) learn to replace lining by myself, 2) learn to replace wool knits by my self, 3) learn to replace zipper by myself. Actually I had these same goals last year too but didn't realize them. I feel this is the year...

What are your new year resolution / goals for your jacket hobby?

Yamahana

One Too Many
I told @Kenan this morning about my new years resolution, to stop buying any more jackets. But then I saw a really nice '70s Schott trucker on Vinted lol.
Excellent resolution. Then with your fine sleuthing skills you can tip me to the vintage 44s and I’ll make a New Year’s resolution not to be intimidated by my wife or closet space in regards to vintage jackets.:cool:

To go all out with the style I want to wear, to look the way I want, to not hold back and to enjoy and trust the process.

Also to never buy stuff I'm not 110% sure of or clothes that isn't better ot more spectacular than what I already have, regardless of the cost.

I don't expect to ever find something to settle for for life but I also promised myself to have a single thing belonging to each style. One cross-zip, one leather blazer, etc.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
My plan for this spring is to break in the JL horween petrol steerhide jacket you passed on to me. It was too cold for leather the past months but temperatures are milder now, I already started wearing it at home, first creases on the sleeves are appearing.. but this may be the toughest to break in leather to date, it‘s the most intriguing color but also incredibly thick.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
My plan for this spring is to break in the JL horween petrol steerhide jacket you passed on to me. It was too cold for leather the past months but temperatures are milder now, I already started wearing it at home, first creases on the sleeves are appearing.. but this may be the toughest to break in leather to date, it‘s the most intriguing color but also incredibly thick.
Haha, that leather was a monster hide. Close to 2.2mm in reality, and CXL. Beautiful Horween finishing. They have a gift on the dye booths. The CHP pattern base and the steerhide nature made it tolerable for me, it's a monster of a jacket for sure. Look forward to seeing broken in pics!

Tunaygur

New in Town
Less buying, more wearing!

Or finding a way to regularly use the forum without being tempted into buying another, and another (probably impossible o_O).
I've been actually following the forum since last year, I think the system thought I'm a spam bot and banned my first account so I wasn't able to post anything. Now I understand what a blessing it was because I wasn't able to buy anything :p. I recently created this new account, bought ton of new leather and I'm already getting divorce threats :)

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
Same as some of u guys. Escape the rabbit hole if possible. I have more boots and jackets than I need. I have one pair of MTO boots on the way that I ordered last October. That should be it for new boots this year. Of course selling or trading is still possible. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
IMG_3926.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
My goal for 2024 is to, 1) learn to replace lining by myself, 2) learn to replace wool knits by my self, 3) learn to replace zipper by myself. Actually I had these same goals last year too but didn't realize them. I feel this is the year...

What are your new year resolution / goals for your jacket hobby?

Thanks, this thread is what I need to get going!

I have the same resolution as you. I have made this resolution for several years too. I have two recent jackets to do some work on. This thread has really put me on the spot, at least to me!

Fur collars are another focus. I have accumulated several styles of fur collars to be used as models. There is much information on the making of collars on this forum.

1. Sell, sell, sell! This will be big. I've just got too many jackets.

2. Buy, buy, buy

I'm also looking to create a website to post sale jackets and have other content on vintage leather. With Instagram there appears to be a hunger for vintage. I have messages every day asking about jackets for sale. Some on instagram are members here, but seems most are not?

So I will be putting a price on many jackets I have never offered publicly. I've sold many jackets this last year with no public advertisement, just people asking.

I have several book ideas I hope to be taking action on this year.

Thanks for putting me on the Spot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner