Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

Orangegrad

Practically Family
New B! Wear Cap

I received this hat from Brett a couple weeks ago. Still getting used to how much there is of it. Seems to me it's a statement cap. My wife, who typically just says "Oh, another hat." likes this one very much. Go figure.

Brett will make the next one for me with a bit less drape to it. For those of you who have a B! Wear, you know the quality.

dscn1029d.jpg

davidraphael

Practically Family
I received this hat from Brett a couple weeks ago. Still getting used to how much there is of it. Seems to me it's a statement cap. My wife, who typically just says "Oh, another hat." likes this one very much. Go figure.

Brett will make the next one for me with a bit less drape to it. For those of you who have a B! Wear, you know the quality.

dscn1029d.jpg

That is one great newsboy. Which style did you go for? - the extra sized 'fuller' one or a normal sized?
And which herringbone is that? (ie 'dark grey', 'grey tweed' or 'dark grey/light grey')

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
That is one great newsboy. Which style did you go for? - the extra sized one or a normal sized?
And which fabric is that?

It's the dark gray herringbone in standard cut. The wool is very dense and thick. Very much a winter cap. I'm thinking I'm not a good candidate for the larger size cut.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

dscn1029d.jpg

We're all different, and that's what keeps life interesting. Orangegrad, I like your cap's herringbone tweed fabric very much, but its shape is a deal breaker for me. And yet, wouldn't it be boring if we all wore the same things the same way?

FWIW, here's the shape I personally prefer:

IMG_4190.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4192.jpg

Last edited:

davidraphael

Practically Family

I know it IS a newsboy, but in the UK (and perhaps Europe generally), I'm not sure if that would be considered a 'pure' newsboy as such - it's more reminiscent of vintage railway porter's cap, or maybe some kind of driver's cap, something like that - some transport connection anyway.

Last edited:

Big_e

Practically Family
Yes, very different takes on the newsboy. I feel the cap is just too big for my narrow face, but it's so incredibly comfortable.

Orangegrad, that cap look great on you. I love my Bwear caps but today I went with a one of those cheap driver caps that you see all over ebay. I've had this one for 3 years now and I like that it's a thick wool.
Ernest

v1.jpg

email68

One of the Regulars
What makes a quality new boy cap? I just have fedoras now and was thinking of getting one.

I'll probably be shopping on eBay. I'm not really interested in a vintage one. Just a nice quality.

I thought I read something about the number of panels. What about the material. It looks like wool is common.

Thanks

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24