Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nickel or Brass Zips with Black FQHH Highwayman?

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
Which would you prefer, and why? I do have a silver Vespa and a silver helmet, but those are minor concerns. Thanks in advance. I guess you could say that this is going to be my primo jacket :)

Peacoat

Bartender
There was a thread on this a few months ago where a lot of opinions were expressed.

I prefer the subdued brass; it may be called antique brass.

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
IM me with your email address and I'll send some pics of a black Highwayman with brass (not vintage) zips. I wouldn't have chosen this but I think it looks great.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Treat it as a personal thing. Personally I dont like gold or gold colour, if I wear a belt it will have a nickel or chrome buckle and I wear a silver coloured watch. Yes I have 2 Highwayman jackets and unfortunately both have brass zips, I would have preferred nickel. If like you I have a silver bike or helmet yes I would go with Nickle and if I had a brown or gold or what I like to call 'Autumn' shades then I would go with brass.
I would not have 2 black HWayman jackets and 2 brown jackets though with brass and nickle. Thats just going to far......... unless I had the cash of course:D
J

Edward

Bartender
Either will complement that jacket very well. Mine is in the shiny brass and I like it a lot. You might prefer the silver, though, if you're using it as a bike jacket - a] to match your helmet, and b] if you're shooting for the look of one of the Rocker boys who wore HWM style jackets back in the early Sixties, they tended to favour the chrome.

IXL

One Too Many
I have, and like, both, but generally prefer the brass look for most black jackets. All of my brown ones have brass.
However, be advised that my wife would suggest very little, if any, value be assigned to my sense of fashion.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters