Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigeria Brown Akubra ???

Bruneau

Suspended
I've been looking at Akubra Squatters and found it offered in a color called "Nigeria Brown." I can't find a site that shows it and David Morgan doesn't even offer it as an option. Can anyone descibe this color or is it too off-color for American PC's?

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a Squatter but not in that color. It sounds great. Please post if you find it.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Try Indygear.com

I knew that I had read about it somewhere...it's mentioned on Indygear...
"According to David Morgan, the original design of the Indiana Jones Hat was based on an Akubra hat with a cut down brim. Akubra has been making these same hats in Australia since 1902. This is Patterson's "Drover" style in the color "Deep Fawn" which he bashed himself, and had a hat shop cut the brim and change the ribbon. Also available with an unabashed crown is the Akubra "Bushman". These hats are available from David Morgan. In addition, the Bushman can also be specially ordered in a truedark "Nigeria" brown from Hats Direct in Australia."

I think that sort of explains it...but check the site out also...
http://www.indygear.com/gear/fedora.shtml
It's supposed to be some deep brown color.
Hope that helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes