Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Night Owls only

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Thanks for the kind words guys, I don't wanna sit here and sing my woes, but my woman left me right after Thanksgiving, and nothing's been right since. Luckily, coming back to the lounge has really cheered me up. I got great people to talk to like you all. That's really helped me a lot in these tough times. Thanks to you all.

Tom sorry to hear of your woes. When I was single I really started to get down about relationships seems nothing ever worked out for me. I guess I just decided to give up and be happy being single. That of couse was when I met my husband. I had lots of people tell me stories like this back then not sure if it helped me or not but I thought I would pass it along anyway.
This has been a tough December in the Midwest with all this snow. I have been in two car accidents in a month guess the insurance is going up. I asked my husband if he thought I was a bad driver and he thought I was just having bad luck. One accident was being rear ended in a show storm. Then this weekend I slid into a lady in a parking lot that didn't obey a stop sign and even though I was going pretty slow I just couldn't stop on time.

Thank you much for your sympathy. I'm just trying to keep my mind offa the bad. The lounge has really helped, so many like minded folks here. It's nice to be around people who enjoy the finer things. I don't want another relationship anytime soon and am going to enjoy some time doing all the hobbies and such that I couldn't do when I was involved with Hannah. Wrenchin' on cars (once it warms up) and putzing with my antiques and doing some refurbishing.

And the snow's been awful, just got a bit more tonite. It's been year after year of bad snows, some records here in Wis. Finally broke down and bought a 4x4 truck. I've been fortunate enough to stay on the road thus far and hope it stays that way. So sorry to hear that you've had wrecks, and of course the increased insurance (mine doubled after being t-boned). And all of us get bad luck sometimes, and them anti-lock brakes don't make stopping any easier in slick spots! I'm sure you'll get back into the normal swing of things.

Tom sorry to hear of your woes. When I was single I really started to get down about relationships seems nothing ever worked out for me. I guess I just decided to give up and be happy being single. That of couse was when I met my husband. I had lots of people tell me stories like this back then not sure if it helped me or not but I thought I would pass it along anyway.
This has been a tough December in the Midwest with all this snow. I have been in two car accidents in a month guess the insurance is going up. I asked my husband if he thought I was a bad driver and he thought I was just having bad luck. One accident was being rear ended in a show storm. Then this weekend I slid into a lady in a parking lot that didn't obey a stop sign and even though I was going pretty slow I just couldn't stop on time.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
*Hoot*

Sleep, those little slices of death; Oh, how I loathe them.

Edgar Allan Poe

Elgar: Enigma Variations

No pub crawlin n' late-night brawlin,' just thesis reading.
A Dialogue On Conscience by Sir Thomas More

any other night owls flyin' through the 'smoke of the lamp?' :plane: :)

Last edited:

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
I work rotating night shifts, and well I thought maybe there might be some other bleary eyed souls out there like myself who'd like to talk about the finer thoughts that amble across their brains in the wee hours of the morn, like so many zeppelins of a bygone era.

As you can tell, I'm already reaching critical mass.

I think it's interesting to consider that our thoughts are more "out there" when we're tired. I know my writing takes on more of a unqiue vibe on these lonley nights.

How 'bout it? Any other Owls out there? Where are you at, what are you doing and what rationale has you up so late?

No profound thoughts tonight, but this seems like a group I'd enjoy...
Surprisingly enough, I'm writing at 3:45 am because I have the day off.
I have a somewhat physically taxing job which makes staying awake long enough to get online on workdays nearly impossible, so the one time I come alive is when I finally have a day to myself!

I should go to sleep now though, or my Fiance will kill me when I don't wake up in time to take her shopping... lol.

Take care fellow night owls, enjoy what time you have and sleep when you can!

Geiamama

One of the Regulars
I'm another night owl. I have three children and the youngest two don't sleep through the night yet but because I tend to stay up 'til 3 or 4am anyway, it doesn't really bother me. In between nursing the little ones I get so much achieved. It's the only time I seem to be able to finish projects, try out recipes or write in peace. The only problem occurs because my children are morning people! They're normally all up by 6am and by the time I get to lunchtime I have to nap or I would just cease to function!

Mr Vim

One Too Many
My goodness, it nice to hear from other night owls after so long! Well its 0330 AM here, I'm on the tail end of a night shift and thank goodness it is almost over.

Has anyone marveled at the fact that while we're up at all strange sorts of hours, other folk on the other side of the country or world are already well into their day? It is most surreal when you are talking to that person hours ahead, as I am now.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
*Hoot*

I was suppose to be happily ensconsed at the Venetian in Vegas tonite;
playing Pai-Gow poker and drinking Kentucky bourbon instead of rummaging through
a briefcase and file folders. :(

Any other night owls flyin tonite? :)

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
5th night in a row I've slept less than 5 hours... I work early mornings but haven't been able to sleep well since my sweetheart went on vacation with her folks to the Mediterranean... 6 hour time difference, so if I want to talk to her I have to stay up till 1-2 am.... I'm half asleep here on the keyboard, but not quite enough to go lay down...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara