Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Night Owls only

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
bunnyb.gal said:
A-oooooo, Werewolves of London! It's 2 a.m., I'm wide awake, and as I have a day off tomorrow and nothing planned, I reckon I'll be howling 'til dawn gets a foothold. I love the wee hours...
I love playing that song on the piano in the middle of the night, even though I would rather play it on something other than a cheap keyboard...

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I'm gearing up for another round of night shifts, staying up late tonight and sleeping in tomorrow. Ugh, I'm at the point where my eyeballs feel all scratchy.

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
Put a stop to things with the shrink and now I'm pretty sure I need to see a shrink. The current lady is a hair over 18 and her father is a Ranger. My best friend thinks I have a death wish :rolleyes:

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I generally work nites.

507369423_b325e7a07a.jpg

Alan-Eby

Familiar Face
Nightliving

I am naturally a night person. Which makes my life weird and a bit fuzzy around the edges due to starting work at 7:30am. It sucks, but one gets used to such things I guess. I wish I could do without sleep like I used to in high school that would be great!!!
When I'm up late I write, draw/paint, or play my guitar (quietly so as not to disturb my family) and read lots of book. How bout you guys?

HepKitty

One Too Many
silly? whatever happened to evil? :D

that lego pic is great!

I should try to get to bed early, since i'm working 4-10s so that I can have friday off to drive home :)

Mr Vim

One Too Many
HepKitty, I just read your last response, not the whole thing, it was funny none the less. Do you mean you're working at 4 am? Yeesh, go to bed.

Alan-Eby, welcome to the lounge we're glad to have you here.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Alan-Eby said:
I am naturally a night person. Which makes my life weird and a bit fuzzy around the edges... and read lots of book. How bout you guys?

Hi Al,
A nocturnal by nature and past experience; voracious reader; and since my
life's been a continuous train wreck---too much the maverick---being a night
owl is rather superfluous. lol
Currently reading The Mysticism of The Cloud of Unknowing by William Johnston SJ;
whom took his doctorate in mystical theology at Sophia University in Tokyo, where he was ordained.
The actual author of the Cloud of Unknowing is himself unknown. His identity has never been firmly
established, though it is assumed that he was an Englishman who lived in the 14th Century. His doctrine
follows the tradition of Gregory of Nyssa
and the pseudo-Dionysius to the Rhineland mystics, across the Pyrenees to
St John of the Cross in sixteenth-century Spain. The author remains an
enigma, however. Only his lesson is known. So I will read this wonderful
book tonite, probably until dawn, and make better acquaintance.
...I've informed the office not to expect me in tomorrow. :D

-and welcome to the Lounge.

Damn you, Blizzard... freakin' StarCraft addiction!

Least at this rate I should have the game beat by New Year's... if I just take it one mission, one achievement, one difficulty level at a time and "warm up" with the minimum settings to get each unlock. Killer soundtrack, too, but it's bigtime earworm--and some of the best themes are non-recurring within it.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
My dad used to drive a cab in Austin, and one day he had a fare who was a employee of Blizzard, he was telling my dad how the office was located in Austin. The employee had my dad drop him off at a plain office building without even a sign. My dad asked why they didn't have a sign and the guy replied "are you kidding? If people knew what this building really was, we'd be mobbed daily."

True story.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I don't play any of those games, although I love the original Bioshock, because the design of the game is so wonderfully Art Deco. The sequel was dissapointing.

For anyone who has not played the game, its ridiculous fun to play at night, with all the lights off.

This is the art from the game:

Warnock_tvspot.png

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
I have been having insomnia lately. I used to be a night owl up until about 14 years ago when I got a "real job" (JK). Now I have to get to work by 7:15 am. But the last two weeks have been stressful and I find myself up in the middle of the night and just can't find the off switch so I thought I would look in on you night owls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw