Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Alden 405 / 403 in Size 14???

New Englishman

New in Town
I was shocked to learn that Alden doesn't make a 14 in the 405 or 403. Has anyone else had the problem? I was finally ready to buy only to learn that they don't make them in my size nor do they offer to make bespoke shoes at any cost. In fact, customer service was pretty pathetic with answering my questions. I am disappointed since my grandfather and great grandfather wore Aldens...

mrchapel

New in Town
Have you tried them on? It's possible a size 13 might work for you. Did you call Alden directly, or did you call one of the places that sell Alden shoes? I seem to remember a few years ago they had a custom order option. Although, they may not be doing that anymore, but worth calling again to find out. As with any place I call, if the first person doesn't help, I call again and hope the second person is better informed. Anyway, good luck! I can't imagine how difficult that would be to find shoes that fit you readily available.

New Englishman

New in Town
Well, most high end shoe makers do make 14s. I have a few pairs of Allen Edmonds, good hikers, etc. But, I was surprised that Alden, who I contacted directly, said no to both custom shoes and to having a size that probably a great many customers for 405s might want. 14E is not a huge foot on a guy who is 6'4" and there are a lot of us out there!

I have not tried the size 13, but they won't fit.

My next option is to get them custom made, but then, they won't be what I want...

I have wanted a pair for at least five years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats