Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No no no... this is just all wrong

Pyroxene

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by K.D. Lightner
Hey, that looks like my Stetson "Gus" cowboy hat, but with a different band!!

Well, cool!

karol

I have a cowboy hat book that lists that style as the Tom Horn crease named after the famous cattle detective.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Yes, that is probable. The Gus and Tom Horn, as well as the Buckaroo, the Hopalong Cassidy hat, and even a few lower-crowned Tom Mix hats look much like that hat.

The creases are all a bit different, and the brims curl up in different ways, but they are all fairly tall, round-topped cowboy hats with varying brim sizes.

In my Cowboy Hat book, I can barely tell the difference between the two, but, whatever the differences, that style is my favorite style cowboy hat.

karol

Michaelson

One Too Many
I wonder if that came from the Jackson Hole Hat company? It's his hometown hatter, don't 'cha know? I drive around in my 50 Plymouth all the time (it's my work car), and wear a fedora all the time too. Folks are to busy looking at the car, but on the days I decide to take my hat off and place it on the seat next to me on a REAL hot summer day, it is noticed, and I'm usually asked where my hat was. I've found in MY experience that is seems to be the color of the hat that attracts the attention, rather than the style. Anytime I'm wearing an Indy styled dark brown fedora, I get the same type comments from those who don't know any better, and yet if I'm wearing my Art Fawcett special silverbelly fedora, the ONLY comments I get are 'where in the world did you get that classy hat??!!' To date, NO 'Hey Indy!' or 'there's a cowboy/detective/whatever' comments....just 'where did you get THAT hat??!!' Regards. Michaelson:eek:

Ken

A-List Customer
Originally posted by BD Jones
It actually suits him well, though it's not my favorite hat of his.

Its Ford - he is just one of those people. The man could put a fish on his head and make it look cool.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
He belongs in a fedora!

mynexthat-vi.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24