Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

I received my two hats from Mike today and I am thrilled. I can't figure out the whole posting pics thing yet but he has them on his Facebook page, A Pecan 5 1/2" crown beaver fedora and a Granite rabbit 2" brim with a back bow treatment. He produced exactly what I had asked, they fit perfectly and the ribbon treatment is top notch understated but with a bit of flair. As soon as I can figure out the "what" and the colour I will be ordering again. My first bespoke hats and I am thrilled.

Lookin' pretty sharp there, fedoralover! The hat looks great & I love the mustache. All the gray looks good together.

I'm on Mike's schedule too.

I spoke to him yesterday about reblocking an old Panama of mine....the good news for Mike is that his wait list is still sitting at 3 months. It is great to see a new hatter be busy! He does very good work.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, BB,
I just saw your hats on FB and don't blame you for being thrilled. Cheers. One of the greatest things about this forum is that we can watch how someone starts a small part-time business doing something he loves and then see him develop and open his own shop. I'm really happy for Mike that he's doing so well. He seems like a nice guy. I just hope he can keep the waiting times at their present level.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
On the way. Navy Blue Winchester Beaver from Mike. Silver/pewter band. Colors don't show in the pic. Telescope crown. Underwelt seam.
IMAG2321-1.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Okay, here's what Mike's making up for me. Alan Ladd's "China" hat...
The dimensions will be a straight sided 5 3/4 open crown. It will be creased with a C-Crown, 4 3/4 tall at the pinch with a rake sloping to 4 1/4 at the back. The snap brim will be 2 3/4 with a nice fedora up curl. The color will be dark brown with an even darker contrasting 1 1/2 ribbon and a 5 1/2 inches double tailed bow....Mike's a heck of a nice guy. I enjoyed my conversation with him. I could sit and talk hats with him all day.

Alan_Ladd_China.jpg

Alan_Ladd_China_2.jpg

Alan_Ladd_China_3.jpg

A little Johnny Cash...."Frankie and Johnny"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo