Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
I've posted my redone hats on the New Hats thread. With the work that Mike did on them, they are like new! Fit like a dream. Odd balls, I am drawn to these different brands and rescue them from The "Bay" like stray cats.
30249549934_c2253de3e2_b.jpg
San Francisco Hatter, possibly old, even with the puny dimensions, short crown, 2" brim. There are no extant tags under the sweat (which Mike replaced), and the tip liner is some kind of oil skin.
30243880593_f33ce5df13_b.jpg
Hat City Hat Co., Danbury Conn. "A crown upon your head". Probably a jobber brand? Felt and construction are not what I would call "high end" like a Strat or Borso. Light and clay like at the same time.
30578167970_c256c99853_b.jpg
Very nice indeed!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I've posted my redone hats on the New Hats thread. With the work that Mike did on them, they are like new! Fit like a dream. Odd balls, I am drawn to these different brands and rescue them from The "Bay" like stray cats.
30249549934_c2253de3e2_b.jpg
San Francisco Hatter, possibly old, even with the puny dimensions, short crown, 2" brim. There are no extant tags under the sweat (which Mike replaced), and the tip liner is some kind of oil skin.

I LOVE that ribbon, Red!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
We were going to try a thinner ribbon but the hat color faded, so the ribbon is the same width. Love the new color though.
I wouldn't change a thing on that ribbon. Really, I think it's fantastic. Mike does a great job on that triple cease knot for the bow.
My wife has a little 60s Stetson, brown stingy brim with a short crown. It's got a real wide black bow and it works tremendously well. The only thing she's thinking is to add more color, you know, to try to make it more "hers" or more feminine. I'm going to show her your hat with that wide burgundy bow. I think that would work well on brown, too.

I wouldn't change a thing on that ribbon. Really, I think it's fantastic. Mike does a great job on that triple cease knot for the bow.
My wife has a little 60s Stetson, brown stingy brim with a short crown. It's got a real wide black bow and it works tremendously well. The only thing she's thinking is to add more color, you know, to try to make it more "hers" or more feminine. I'm going to show her your hat with that wide burgundy bow. I think that would work well on brown, too.
When I first got this hat, with a grey ribbon, I called the color "gray". With the burgundy ribbon, the whole character and color of this hat changed to a very light tan with slight grey undertones. It is kind of hard to capture on a computer screen.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Progress. Ribbon color selection. View attachment 59992
Has Mike suggested the kangaroo ribbon? It's hard to know exactly what colors are draped over the felt... the results of crummy laptop visual acuity.

Are you going with solid colors for the bow, or some highlights? I always go round and round trying to decide between the classic beauty of a single color ribbon/bow/knot treatment versus some cool highlights in the bow/knot.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Has Mike suggested the kangaroo ribbon? It's hard to know exactly what colors are draped over the felt... the results of crummy laptop visual acuity.

Are you going with solid colors for the bow, or some highlights? I always go round and round trying to decide between the classic beauty of a single color ribbon/bow/knot treatment versus some cool highlights in the bow/knot.
No Fed he hasnt. Whats a Kangaroo ribbon?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I'd go with the copper or reddish brown. Not so big on the blue/green one. Will the brim be bound?
Not bound. I dont like the green either. Right now Im thinking sorta floppy 3inch brim with that deep brownish ribbon which is actually a very dark burgundy. Whipstitch brim treatment with matching dark burgundy brownish thread.

Not bound. I dont like the green either. Right now Im thinking sorta floppy 3inch brim with that deep brownish ribbon which is actually a very dark burgundy. Whipstitch brim treatment with matching dark burgundy brownish thread.
Yessss! That one! I really like the statement the color makes. My new hat (soon to be on the block) will be going grey with a nice blue ribbon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24