Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
MIke has kindly sent me a couple of pics of the project he has for me:

DSCN1313.jpg DSCN1314.jpg

I told him I especially liked the "cupping" (if that's the right word) of the rear brim. He's waiting on some leather bands, delivery of which has been held up by an ice storm -- so goes life in the Pacific Northwest, I guess! Once he has those, he'll work with me on which band I like in place of a traditional ribbon. I asked also that he swoop the front brim a bit, though I can probably work with it myself. It's modeled on this hat:

Belted_Casablanca_04.jpg

View attachment 62787 View attachment 62788

I told him I especially liked the "cupping" (if that's the right word) of the rear brim. He's waiting on some leather bands, delivery of which has been held up by an ice storm -- so goes life in the Pacific Northwest, I guess! Once he has those, he'll work with me on which band I like in place of a traditional ribbon. I asked also that he swoop the front brim a bit, though I can probably work with it myself. It's modeled on this hat:

View attachment 62789
Looking good!! We are frozen solid out here. Even the UPS trucks have been hobbled. We will survive, 1" of snow completely devastates this region of the state. Mike will do you right. When I put off my custom to next month so my fellow loungers could possibly get their hats for Christmas, I didn't plan on snowmagedon!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
It's the freezing rain that I hate. I've got new studded tires on the cars, so not hobbled here until I'm clipped by someone speeding around on worn out highway tires...

Nice hat by Mike! You went with western weight felt, is that right?

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
It's the freezing rain that I hate. I've got new studded tires on the cars, so not hobbled here until I'm clipped by someone speeding around on worn out highway tires...

Nice hat by Mike! You went with western weight felt, is that right?
No, I believe it's a lightweight felt -- not truly summer weight or featherweight, as he said he didn't have those kinds of felts, but something a little lighter that he would shave down a bit. No liner, just his trademark tip. The idea would be to have a lid I can wear a little more than 2-3 months a year in this foul swamp.

RJR

View attachment 62787 View attachment 62788

View attachment 62789
That will be nice!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Northwest Hat Co. Vintage hat body early 1950's. 3 inch whipstitch brim treatment done a bit deeper and wider then Mikes usual whipstich. 6 inch open crown creased and pinched by Mike to centerdent with fairly narrow pinches. 12 linge dark burgundy ribbon with matching burgundy whipstich thread. This hat is light as a feather. View attachment 62876 View attachment 62877 View attachment 62878 View attachment 62879
Darn it, Bob, that is one special hat! "Thou shalt not covet, Thou shalt not covet, Thou shalt not covet, Thou shalt not covet, Thou shalt not covet........................ :)

Northwest Hat Co. Vintage hat body early 1950's. 3 inch whipstitch brim treatment done a bit deeper and wider then Mikes usual whipstich. 6 inch open crown creased and pinched by Mike to centerdent with fairly narrow pinches. 12 linge dark burgundy ribbon with matching burgundy whipstich thread. This hat is light as a feather. View attachment 62876 View attachment 62877 View attachment 62878 View attachment 62879
Does your mom & sis know you're playing with your Christmas present already?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot