Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Northwest Hat Co
1dad1bdf9e6d30946cf0092f6a365f39.jpg
2bc27be7e95040319a125815bbfda301.jpg
2abc72e32b3513281781da7f3ac66568.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dang Bob that is a GRAND fedora! Man all the features just work excellent together. Wow.

Wear it proudly sir.

Best, Eric -

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I think it looks good, too. Are you going to have it shipped open crown or let Mike replicate the bash of your older hat?

Are you still going with both the leather hat band and a ribbon so you can switch out whenever the need/whim arises?
Open crown; I've gotten pretty good at shaping my hats to my taste or to my head. Hadn't thought about the ribbon!

Here is another pic taken under his photo lights. As he puts it, "The leather color has a little marbled look which is very subtle but hard to capture."

DSCN1326.jpg DSCN1327.jpg

This combination looks much better than in the earlier pic, the felt more of a walnut color and the band much more brown than black. Still, I wanted a band color more like this:

CAM00562.jpg

Since the felt is lighter, perhaps that reddish color wouldn't work well. What say you?

Open crown; I've gotten pretty good at shaping my hats to my taste or to my head. Hadn't thought about the ribbon!

Here is another pic taken under his photo lights. As he puts it, "The leather color has a little marbled look which is very subtle but hard to capture."

View attachment 63230 View attachment 63231

This combination looks much better than in the earlier pic, the felt more of a walnut color and the band much more brown than black. Still, I wanted a band color more like this:

View attachment 63232

Since the felt is lighter, perhaps that reddish color wouldn't work well. What say you?
I see where you were going on the reddish color, I like the leather on the hat right now though. Since it is a "belt" you could search and search to find the "cordovan" type color and have two! Then, what ever suits your mood for the day, slip it on!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I see where you were going on the reddish color, I like the leather on the hat right now though. Since it is a "belt" you could search and search to find the "cordovan" type color and have two! Then, what ever suits your mood for the day, slip it on!
I'm asking Mike if the belt/band could be fastened in some way so that I could swap them out.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 63230 View attachment 63231

View attachment 63232

Think it looks fine but I've recently been partial to mixing reds with browns.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Happy New Year to all,

Yes, Mike says he can set up the band to be swapped. He's checking with his band supplier about coming up with a color like that shoe I posted above. I told him a medium tan would do well too, and that he could add the cost of one of the bands to the hat. I like the dark brown he has; it's just not what I'd pictured. If I don't like the reddish one, then the dark brown is fine. Anyway, this will delay receiving my hat for a bit . . . but I want it right.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Mike has sent me a pic with 3 band choices:

DSCN1356.jpg

The top one is sort of what I had in mind, but I like the other two as well. The bottom one isn't black, but a very dark brown, as you can see at post 1167. Each, Mike says, can be unfastened to swap for another. Perhaps I should have him send all 3 (I'll pay extra for the other 2), then I can decide. What do you think?

Here's the hat that I modeled this one after, for comparison: Belted_Casablanca_04.jpg

Last edited:

Mm25

One Too Many
Mike has sent me a pic with 3 band choices:

View attachment 64471

The top one is sort of what I had in mind, but I like the other two as well. The bottom one isn't black, but a very dark brown, as you can see at post 1167. Each, Mike says, can be unfastened to swap for another. Perhaps I should have him send all 3 (I'll pay extra for the other 2), then I can decide. What do you think?
I'd take the top two. Looks awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21