Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I finally got a chance to get some portrait shots of the new Olcott this evening. Been tied up at the Theater all day. I'm stage manager for a show at the local community theater so my life is not my own for the next few weeks. The images do not totally pick up the color of the ribbon which is a darker blue. Mike's bow has a little extra detail that makes it interesting. I even tried to simulate the look of a crease clip. I hope you enjoy these images of this indulgent historical creation.

View attachment 65255 View attachment 65256 View attachment 65257 View attachment 65258 View attachment 65259
Hat perfection IMO!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
The beast has arrived! I've given it a preliminary bash:

CAM00583.jpg CAM00585.jpg

And here is the liner-less interior:

CAM00584.jpg

The colors of the felt and the belt-band are remarkably like that of its model, the ancient "Casablanca," and it fits perfectly as well.

I was thinking of naming it "The Colfax," after the main street of Denver -- Western and yet urban. Whaddaya think?

RJR

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
After working on the Colfax's bash and brim a little . . .

Colfax_Profile.jpg Colfax_Rear_Crown.jpg

. . . I've come out with a sort of rough diamond-with-dome. The open crown height was, I think, 5.75", the brim 2 3/8".

I need to ask Mike how the bands come off. Probably they don't unbuckle as a trouser belt would; I suspect they might lift off and on. The other two bands you can see in the post above: one a dark chocolate, the other a reddish-brown that is a bit darker than this.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I'm thinking they will slide right off. That's how my buffalo hide hatband is set up by Mike. Just be easy and do a little upward pressure as you turn the hat around. Do watch for a stitch, though, just in case.

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
I finally got a chance to get some portrait shots of the new Olcott this evening. Been tied up at the Theater all day. I'm stage manager for a show at the local community theater so my life is not my own for the next few weeks. The images do not totally pick up the color of the ribbon which is a darker blue. Mike's bow has a little extra detail that makes it interesting. I even tried to simulate the look of a crease clip. I hope you enjoy these images of this indulgent historical creation.

View attachment 65255 View attachment 65256 View attachment 65257 View attachment 65258 View attachment 65259
Tremendous!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Lookin' super stylish, Red! What a great birthday hat! I like it better than the pics of Gov Olcott. One of these days, we need to meet at Mike's and then go get some lunch or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner